Posted on 2011-11-04. By anonymous.
Del corte Pr ess | 2007 | ISBN: 0385340923, 0385340214 | 400 pages | PDF | 25 MB
What is the biological reason for gossip?
For laughter? For the creation of art?
Why do dogs have curly tails?
What can microbes tell us about morality?
These and many other questions are tackled by renowned evolutionist David Sloan Wilson in this witty and groundbreaking new book. With stories that entertain as much as they inform, Wilson outlines the basic principles of evolution and shows how, properly understood, they can illuminate the length and breadth of creation, from the origin of life to the nature of religion. Now everyone can move beyond the sterile debates about creationism and intelligent design to share Darwinâ€™s panoramic view of animal and human life, seamlessly connected to each other.
Evolution, as Wilson explains, is not just about dinosaurs and human origins, but about why all species behave as they doâ€”from beetles that devour their own young, to bees that function as a collective brain, to dogs that are smarter in some respects than our closest ape relatives. And basic evolutionary principles are also the foundation for humanityâ€™s capacity for symbolic thought, culture, and morality.
In example after example, Wilson sheds new light on Darwinâ€™s grand theory and how it can be applied to daily life. By turns thoughtful, provocative, and daringly funny, Evolution for Everyone addresses some of the deepest philosophical and social issues of this or any age. In helping us come to a deeper understanding of human beings and our place in the world, it might also help us to improve that world.
- Ebooks list page : 14964
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Evolution for Everyone: How Darwin's Theory Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Evolution for Everyone: How Darwin's Theory Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives
- 2013-11-11Evolution for Everyone: How Darwin's Theory Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives (repost)
- 2013-02-16Evolution for Everyone: How Darwin's Theory Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives [Pdf]
- 2012-06-01Evolution for Everyone: How Darwin's Theory Can Change the Way We Think About Our Lives (Repost)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Leadership Embodiment: How the Way We Sit and Stand Can Change the Way We Think and Speak
- 2009-12-21101 Ways Youth Can Change the World
- 2012-01-22Realignment: The Theory that Changed the Way We Think about American Politics - Theodore Rosenof
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Positioning for Professionals: How Professional Knowledge Firms Can Differentiate Their Way to Success (Wiley Professional Advisory Services)
- 2013-07-02The Natural Step for Communities: How Cities and Towns can Change to Sustainable Practices
- 2010-09-23Positioning for Professionals: How Professional Knowledge Firms Can Differentiate Their Way to Success
- 2009-01-10How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation
- 2009-01-09How the Way We Talk Can Change the Way We Work: Seven Languages for Transformation
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Giving: How Each Of Us Can Change The World [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Now Effect: How a Mindful Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life
- 2014-04-13Giving: How Each Of Us Can Change The World (Audiobook)
- 2014-03-23Giving: How Each Of Us Can Change The World (Audiobook)
- 2014-01-27Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.