Author: David Bourg
Posted on 2007-06-24, updated at 2009-09-29. By anonymous.
- Author: David Bourg
This quick, look-up reference is perfect for anyone in the science and engineering community who wants to improve upon their Excel skills. You'll learn how to leverage Excel to perform both routine and complex calculations, and then visualize the results for presentation. Features practical data analysis techniques and real-world examples from a range of scientific disciplines.
The purpose of this book is to show you how to leverage Excel as a capable computing tool to solve a variety of both routine and complex problems. As a practicing engineer and researcher, I've used Excel extensively for everything from routine data analysis to sophisticated design optimization problems. There's little doubt Excel spreadsheets are quick and easy to use. Excel's convenient spreadsheet interface and functionality combined with its integrated Visual Basic for Applications programming language make it a powerful, versatile computing tool. Its ready availability makes it even more attractive.
It's tough to dismiss Excel as a computing tool when it's very likely sitting right there on your work and home computers. You probably already use Excel to some extent for routine calculations. I'd like to show you how you can leverage Excel for some calculations that are not so routine. Don't worry if you're new to Excel, because I cover the basics as well.
This book is full of real-world uses of Excel, many of which I have personally performed either for my own work or for clients. Throughout this book, I try to use easily recognizable, yet real-world, examples wherever possible. To this end, I draw examples from a variety of scientific disciplines, ranging from biology and chemistry to physics to structural engineering. I hope to show you how to leverage Excel to solve problems you may face in your everyday scientific or engineering tasks.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 01. Using Excel
Chapter 02. Getting Acquainted with Visual Basic for Applications
Chapter 03. Collecting and Cleaning Up Data
Chapter 04. Charting
Chapter 05. Statistical Analysis
Chapter 06. Time Series Analysis
Chapter 07. Mathematical Functions
Chapter 08. Curve Fitting and Regression
Chapter 09. Solving Equations
Chapter 10. Numerical Integration and Differentiation
Chapter 11. Solving Ordinary Differential Equations
Chapter 12. Solving Partial Differential Equations
Chapter 13. Performing Optimization Analyses in Excel
Chapter 14. Introduction to Financial Calculations
- Ebooks list page : 815
- 2010-06-20Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook
- 2009-03-15Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook (Re Up)
- 2007-06-13Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook
- 2007-06-04Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook (with ex...
- 2007-06-01Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook
- 2007-05-27Excel Scientific and Engineering Cookbook (Cookbooks (O%27Reilly))
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Scientific and Engineering C : An Introduction with Advanced Techniques and Examples
- 2011-11-04Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-30Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2011-08-09Scientific and Engineering Applications Using MATLAB
- 2009-07-25Scientific and Engineering C : An Introduction with Advanced Techniques and Examples
- 2007-05-27Scientific and Engineering C : An Introduction with Advanced Techniques and Examples
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux (Scientific and Engineering Computation)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beowulf Cluster Computing with Windows (Scientific and Engineering Computation)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Beowulf Cluster Computing with Linux (Scientific and Engineering Computation) (The MIT Press, 2001)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] PVM: Parallel Virtual Machine: A Users' Guide and Tutorial for Network Parallel Computing (Scientific and Engineering Computation)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.