Posted on 2018-06-28, by nokia241186.
Face-to-Face Diplomacy: Social Neuroscience and International Relations
Cambridge | English | 2018 | ISBN-10: 1108417078 | 314 pages | PDF | 1.95 MB
by Marcus Holmes (Author)
Face-to-face diplomacy has long been the lynchpin of world politics, yet it is largely dismissed by scholars of International Relations as unimportant. Marcus Holmes argues that dismissing this type of diplomacy is in stark contrast to what leaders and policy makers deem as essential and that this view is rooted in a particular set of assumptions that see an individual's intentions as fundamentally inaccessible. Building on recent evidence from social neuroscience and psychology, Holmes argues that this assumption is problematic. Marcus Holmes studies some of the most important moments of diplomacy in the twentieth century, from 'Munich' to the end of the Cold War, and by showing how face-to-face interactions allowed leaders to either reassure each other of benign defensive intentions or pick up on offensive intentions, his book challenges the notion that intentions are fundamentally unknowable in international politics, a central idea in IR theory.
About the Author
Marcus Holmes is Assistant Professor of Government at the College of William and Mary, Virginia. He is co-editor of Digital Diplomacy: Theory and Practice (2015, with Corneliu Bjola) and has written articles for multiple journals including International Organization, International Studies Quarterly, and the Journal of Theoretical Politics.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36565
- 2018-08-05Face-to-Face Diplomacy: Social Neuroscience and International Relations
- 2018-06-25Face-to-Face Diplomacy: Social Neuroscience and International Relations
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Making Sense, Making Worlds: Constructivism in Social Theory and International Relations (New International Relations)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Making Sense, Making Worlds: Constructivism in Social Theory and International Relations (New International Relations)
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2018-08-23Eduard Bernstein on Social Democracy and International Politics Essays and Other Writings
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Democracy and Coercive Diplomacy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Sustainable Diplomacies (Studies in Diplomacy and International Relations) - Removed
- 2017-04-10[PDF] International Relations in the Ancient Near East (Studies in Diplomacy and International Relations)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] International Relations in the Ancient Near East (Studies in Diplomacy and International Relations)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Sustainable Diplomacies (Studies in Diplomacy and International Relations)
- 2013-10-22Social Neuroscience and Public Health: Foundations for the Science of Chronic Disease Prevention
- 2010-05-04Democracy and Coercive Diplomacy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2019-01-31The State and International Relations
- 2019-01-15Meaning and International Relations
- 2019-01-10Meaning and International Relations
- 2018-12-21Meaning and International Relations
- 2018-12-14The Survival of North Korea Essays on Strategy, Economics and International Relations]
- 2018-11-13The Horn of Africa State, Politics and International Relations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.