Posted on 2018-11-21, by nokia241186.
Matthew Avery Sutton, Darren Dochuk, "Faith in the New Millennium: The Future of Religion and American Politics"
2016 | ISBN-10: 0199372705, 0199372691 | 320 pages | PDF | 3 MB
The Statue of Liberty-depicted on a roadside billboard-did not carry her customary torch and tablet. Instead, she shielded her eyes from words that towered beside her, words that highway drivers could not possibly avoid: "We are no longer a Christian nation." Underneath was the name of the man who spoke them, the nation's president, Barack Obama. He had made the original statement-"Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation, at least not just"-four years earlier. Since then those words had appeared, in one form or another, not just on billboards but in a host of other venues, a visible symbol of America's divide over religion and politics.
In Faith in the New Millennium, a group of leading historians explores the shifting role of religion in American politics in the age of Obama, shedding new and fascinating light on the interplay of faith and politics. Each of the sixteen contributors examines a contemporary issue, controversy, or policy through a historical lens. In an age of the 24-hour-news-cycle, where complexity is often buried under bluster, these essays make a powerful case for understanding the stories behind the news. They tackle such topics as immigration reform, racial turmoil, drone wars, foreign policy, and the unstoppable rise of social media. Taken together, they reveal how faith is shaping modern America, and how modern America is shaping faith.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37830
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Future of Religion and the Religion of the Future
- 2012-01-13Bridging Islands: Venture Companies and the Future of Japanese and American Industry - Robert Kneller
- 2012-01-03Bridging Islands: Venture Companies and the Future of Japanese and American Industry - Robert Kneller
- 2011-12-30Bridging Islands: Venture Companies and the Future of Japanese and American Industry - Robert Kneller
- 2009-05-14Bridging Islands: Venture Companies and the Future of Japanese and American Industry
- 2018-06-15An Angel Directs the Storm Apocalyptic Religion and American Empire
- 2012-01-22Religion and American Politics: From the Colonial Period to the 1980s
- 2010-08-12Religion and American Politics: From the Colonial Period to the Present
- 2007-06-14An Angel Directs the Storm: Apocalyptic Religion and American Empire
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-12"The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States" by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-03The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (Institute of Medicine)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.