Posted on 2014-02-01. By anonymous.
Unabridged edition 2013 | 8 hours and 56 minutes | ISBN: n/a , ASIN: B00E9NSNEO | MP3 32 kbps | 129 MB
Falling into the Fire is psychiatrist Christine Montross's thoughtful investigation of the gripping patient encounters that have challenged and deepened her practice. The majority of the patients Montross treats in Falling into the Fire are seen in the locked inpatient wards of a psychiatric hospital; all are in moments of profound crisis. We meet a young woman who habitually commits self-injury, having ingested light bulbs, a box of nails, and a steak knife, among other objects. Her repeated visits to the hospital incite the frustration of the staff, leading Montross to examine how emotion can interfere with proper care. A recent college graduate, dressed in a tunic and declaring that love emanates from everything around him, is brought to the ER by his concerned girlfriend. Is it ecstasy or psychosis? What legal ability do doctors have to hospitalize - and sometimes medicate - a patient against his will? A new mother is admitted with incessant visions of harming her child. Is she psychotic and a danger or does she suffer from obsessive thoughts? Her course of treatment - and her child's future - depends upon whether she receives the correct diagnosis.
Each case study presents its own line of inquiry, leading Montross to seek relevant psychiatric knowledge from diverse sources. A doctor of uncommon curiosity and compassion, Montross discovers lessons in medieval dancing plagues, in leading forensic and neurological research, and in moments from her own life. Beautifully written, deeply felt, Falling into the Fire brings us inside the doctor's mind, illuminating the grave human costs of mental illness as well as the challenges of diagnosis and treatment. At once rigorous and meditative, Falling into the Fire is an intimate portrait of psychiatry, allowing the reader to witness the humanity of the practice and the enduring mysteries of the mind.
- Ebooks list page : 24999
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Falling Into the Fire: A Psychiatrist's Encounters with the Mind in Crisis
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Falling Into the Fire: A Psychiatrist's Encounters with the Mind in Crisis
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Falling into the Dragon's Mouth
- 2011-11-17Magic light source falling into the hands
- 2019-09-26Dawn of the New Everything: Encounters with Reality and Virtual Reality (Audiobook)
- 2019-03-27Knowledge and the Transcendent An Inquiry into the Mind's Relationship to God
- 2019-01-24Amsterdam Exposed An American's Journey into the Red Light District [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-14Amsterdam Exposed An American's Journey into the Red Light District [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-07Dawn of the New Everything Encounters with Reality and Virtual Reality [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-21Dawn of the New Everything Encounters with Reality and Virtual Reality [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-12Falling Short The Coming Retirement Crisis and What to Do About It
- 2018-10-07Journey Into the Mind's Eye Fragments of an Autobiography (New York Review Book Classics)
- 2018-10-06Paths to the Past Encounters with Britain's Hidden Landscapes [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-06All We Leave Behind A Reporter's Journey into the Lives of Others [Audiobook]
- 2018-09-03Hunch Turn Your Everyday Insights into the Next Big Thing [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-04Our Towns A 100,000-Mile Journey into the Heart of America [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-17Our Towns: A 100,000-Mile Journey into the Heart of America [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The No. 1 Best Seller: A Unique Insight into the Mind, Strategy and Processes of a Top Salesman
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Insights into the Global Financial Crisis
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.