Posted on 2014-06-18. By anonymous.
Springer | 2009 | Pages: 301 | ISBN: 364203702X | PDF | 14,4 mb
Telephone, telefax, email and internet - the key ingredient of the inner workings is the conduit: the line which is designed to carry massive amounts of data at breakneck speed. In their data-carrying capacity optical fiber lines beat other technologies (copper cable, microwave beacons, satellite links) hands down, at least in the long haul.
This book is a comprehensive source about optical fibers: Their structure, their light-guiding mechanism, their material and manufacture, their use. Several effects tend to degrade the signal as it travels down the fiber: they are spelled out in detail. Nonlinear processes are given due consideration for a twofold reason: On one hand they are fundamentally different from the more familiar processes in electrical cable. On the other hand, they form the basis of particularly interesting and innovative applications, provided they are understood well enough. A case in point is the use of so-called solitons, i.e. special pulses of light which have the wonderful property of being able to heal after perturbation.
The book starts with the physical basics of ray and beam optics, explains fiber structure and the functions of optical elements, and continues to the forefront of applications. The state of the art of high speed data transmission will be described, and the use of fiber optic sensors in metrology is treated.
The book is written in a pedagogical style so that students of both physics and electrical engineering, as well as technicians and engineers involved in optical technologies, will benefit.
- Ebooks list page : 27729
- 2013-01-16Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology [Repost]
- 2012-10-29Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology (repost)
- 2011-12-03Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology (repost) - Removed
- 2010-11-29Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology (Repost)
- 2011-01-12Fedor Mitschke, "Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology" (repost)
- 2019-01-28Fiber Optics Physics and Technology
- 2018-10-17Fiber Optics Physics and Technology, Second Edition
- 2018-08-16Fiber Optics Physics and Technology, Second Edition
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology (2nd edition) - Removed
- 2016-11-30Fiber Optics Physics and Technology (2nd edition)
- 2011-08-10Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology
- 2010-03-07Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology
- 2010-02-06Fiber Optics - Physics and Technology 2010
- 2010-01-30Fiber Optics - Physics and Technology 2010
- 2010-01-17Fiber Optics: Physics and Technology
- 2014-05-04Liquid Crystal Displays: Fundamental Physics and Technology (repost)
- 2014-01-31Semiconductor Disk Lasers: Physics and Technology [Repost]
- 2013-08-20Photonic Crystals: Physics and Technology (Repost)
- 2013-03-23Semiconductor Disk Lasers: Physics and Technology (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.