Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-01-08. By anonymous.
Publisher: Boli.,.nda Publi..shing; Unabridged edition 2009 | 8 hours and 47 mins | ISBN: 1741636310 | MP3 48 kbps | 191 MB
The inspiring true stories of combat and camaraderie, read by the author with foreword by Bud Tingwell.
Michael Veitch's life-long obsession with the aircraft of the Second World War led him to conclude that every single person who flew, or flew in them has at least one extraordinary story to tell. With most of these veterans in their 80s, he knew that it was a matter of urgency to find them now, before their personal stories disappear forever.
So, over the course of a year, Veitch interviewed over 50 former aircrew across Australia, many of whom had never spoken about their experiences before, even to their families. The result is FLAK - a collection of vivid, unforgettable stories from RAAF veterans about their experiences of combat in World War II. It is also an account of the strange, sometimes obsessive journey of the author himself, as he explores a passion held since childhood.
From bomber pilots to fighter aces, from rear gunners to bomb aimers, from stories of death and fear to tales of humor and comradeship, Michael has helped unearth the extraordinary stories of ordinary men living and fighting in extraordinary times.
- Ebooks list page : 16878
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Flak : True Stories from the Men Who Flew in World War Two
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2012-05-21The Royal Air Force of World War Two In Colour
- 2018-10-14From Cradle to Stage Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-23From Cradle to Stage Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Enterprise: America's Fightingest Ship and the Men Who Helped Win World War II
- 2018-10-16Clash of the Carriers The True Story of the Marianas Turkey Shoot of World War II [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-25Clash of the Carriers The True Story of the Marianas Turkey Shoot of World War II [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II (Audiobook)
- 2014-04-09The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-07The Reich Intruders: Dramatic RAF Medium Bomber Raids Over Europe in World War Two
- 2014-02-25Monte Cassino: The Story of One of the Hardest-fought Battles of World War Two (Audiobook)
- 2019-06-13Read Online An Angel Called My Name: Incredible true stories from the other side by Theresa Cheung in PDF / Epub
- 2019-02-25U-BOAT (Vol VII) Stories from the men of the U-Bootwaffe
- 2019-01-25U-BOAT (Vol VII) Stories from the men of the U-Bootwaffe
- 2019-01-03My Own Devices True Stories from the Road on Music, Science, and Senseless Love
- 2018-06-27The Men Who Flew the F-4 Phantom
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Me 262 Stormbird: From the Pilots Who Flew, Fought, and Survived It
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.