Posted on 2014-06-15. By anonymous.
Michael B. Gibilisco, Annie M. Gowen, Karen E. Albert, John N. Mordeson, Mark J. Wierman, Terry D. Clark - Fuzzy Social Choice Theory
Published: 2014-03-07 | ISBN: 331905175X | PDF | 200 pages | 3 MB
This book offers a comprehensive analysis of the social choice literature and shows, by applying fuzzy sets, how the use of fuzzy preferences, rather than that of strict ones, may affect the social choice theorems. To do this, the book explores the presupposition of rationality within the fuzzy framework and shows that the two conditions for rationality, completeness and transitivity, do exist with fuzzy preferences. Specifically, this book examines: the conditions under which a maximal set exists; the Arrowâ€™s theorem; the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem; and the median voter theorem. After showing that a non-empty maximal set does exists for fuzzy preference relations, this book goes on to demonstrating the existence of a fuzzy aggregation rule satisfying all five Arrowian conditions, including non-dictatorship. While the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem only considers individual fuzzy preferences, this work shows that both individuals and groups can choose alternatives to various degrees, resulting in a social choice that can be both strategy-proof and non-dictatorial. Moreover, the median voter theorem is shown to hold under strict fuzzy preferences, but not under weak fuzzy preferences. By providing a standard model of fuzzy social choice and by drawing the necessary connections between the major theorems, this book fills an important gap in the current literature and encourages future empirical research in the field.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 27672
- 2014-06-17Fuzzy Social Choice Theory
- 2012-01-28The Importance of Common Metrics for Advancing Social Science Theory and Research: A Workshop Summary - Committee On Advancing Social Science Theory: The Importance Of Common Metrics
- 2011-12-31Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, Volume 1 by Kenneth J. Arrow, A.K. Sen, Kotaro Suzumura
- 2011-09-11"Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, Volume 1" by Kenneth J. Arrow, A.K. Sen, Kotaro Suzumura
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Foundations of Social Choice Theory
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Welfare Economics and Social Choice Theory
- 2013-08-20Welfare Economics and Social Choice Theory (repost)
- 2013-03-15A Primer in Social Choice Theory
- 2012-07-01A Primer in Social Choice Theory: Revised Edition (Lse Perspectives in Economic Analysis
- 2011-11-19Welfare Economics and Social Choice Theory (Repost)
- 2011-10-26Foundations of Social Choice Theory
- 2010-12-23Welfare Economics and Social Choice Theory
- 2010-11-23Domain Conditions in Social Choice Theory By Wulf Gaertner
- 2010-04-11Architects of Political Change: Constitutional Quandaries and Social Choice Theory
- 2010-03-29Foundations of Social Choice Theory
- 2010-02-04A Primer in Social Choice Theory: Revised Edition
- 2009-12-30A Primer in Social Choice Theory: Revised Edition
- 2009-09-28A Primer in Social Choice Theory: Revised Edition (Lse Perspectives in Economic Analysis)
- 2019-01-24Rational Choice and Social Welfare Theory and Applications Essays in Honor of Kotaro Suzumura - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.