Posted on 2014-06-11. By anonymous.
English | 1996 | ISBN: 0521646529 | PDF | pages: 482 | 13,4 mb
Is Nine-Men's Morris, in the hands of perfect players, a win for white or for black--or a draw? Can king, rook, and knight always defeat king and two knights in chess? What can Go players learn from economists? What are nimbers, tinies, switches, minies? This book deals with combinatorial games, that is, games not involving chance or hidden information. Their study is at once old and young: though some games, such as chess, have been analyzed for centuries, the first full analysis of a nontrivial combinatorial game (Nim) only appeared in 1902. This book deals with combinatorial games, that is, games not involving chance or hidden information. Their study is at once old and young: though some games, such as chess, have been analyzed for centuries, the first full anlaysis of a nontrivial combinatorial game (Nim) only appeared in 1902. The first part of this book will be accessible to anyone, regardless of background: it contains introductory expositions, reports of unusual contest between an angel and a devil. For those who want to delve more deeply, the book also contains combinatorial studies of chess and Go; reports on computer advances s
No mirrors please!
- Ebooks list page : 27550
- 2013-11-18More Games of No Chance (repost)
- 2013-10-15Mind Benders: Games of Chance (repost)
- 2013-08-22How to Win Games of Chance (repost)
- 2013-07-31Games of No Chance 3 (repost)
- 2013-02-15Games of No Chance (Mathematical Sciences Research Institute Publications) [repost]
- 2012-04-19The Game Audio Tutorial: A Practical Guide to Sound and Music for Interactive Games by Richard Stevens [REPOST] - Removed
- 2009-06-11Richard J. Nowakowski (Editor), Silvio Levy (Series Editor), "Games of No Chance" (Repost)
- 2017-05-31How To Create HTML5 And Mobile Games Using Construct 2 (Repost)
- 2014-06-03Mathematics Education for a New Era: Video Games as a Medium (repost)
- 2014-04-101963: The Assassination Games (Doctor Who) (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2014-04-09Dynamics, Games and Science II (Repost)
- 2014-04-04Hoyle's Encyclopedia of Card Games: Rules of All the Basic Games and Popular Variations (Repost)
- 2014-03-28Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, Book 2) (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2014-03-25250 Indie Games You Must Play [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-02-28Suzanne Collins, "The Hunger Games Trilogy" Unabridged (Repost)
- 2014-02-01Games, Puzzles, and Computation (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-01-15Networked Graphics: Building Networked Games and Virtual Environments (Repost)
- 2013-12-17Evaluating User Experience in Games: Concepts and Methods [Repost]
- 2013-07-25Dynamic Games: Theory and Applications (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.