[share_ebook] Gardens and Neighbors: Private Water Rights in Roman Italy (Law and Society in the Ancient World)
Author: Cynthia Bannon
Publisher: University of Michigan Press
Posted on 2011-10-21, by sharebookfree.
Gardens and Neighbors: Private Water Rights in Roman Italy (Law and Society in the Ancient World)
Cynthia Bannon | University of Michigan Press | 2011-06-21 | 320 pages | English | PDF
"Gardens and Neighbors will provide an important building block in the growing body of literature on the ways that Roman law, Roman society, and the economic concerns of the Romans jointly functioned in the real world."
---Michael Peachin, New York University
As is increasingly true today, fresh water in ancient Italy was a limited resource, made all the more precious by the Roman world's reliance on agriculture as its primary source of wealth. From estate to estate, the availability of water varied, in many cases forcing farmers in need of access to resort to the law. In Gardens and Neighbors: Private Water Rights in Roman Italy, Cynthia Bannon explores the uses of the law in controlling local water supplies. She investigates numerous issues critical to rural communities and the Roman economy. Her examination of the relationship between farmers and the land helps draw out an understanding of Roman attitudes toward the exploitation and conservation of natural resources and builds an understanding of law in daily Roman life.
An editor of the series Law and Society in the Ancient World, Cynthia Jordan Bannon is also Associate Professor of Classical Studies at Indiana University, Bloomington. Her previous book was The Brothers of Romulus: Fraternal Pietas in Roman Law, Literature, and Society (1997).Â Visit the author's website: http://www.iub.edu/~classics/faculty/bannon.shtml.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 14630
- 2011-07-28Gardens and Neighbors: Private Water Rights in Roman Italy (Law and Society in the Ancient World)
- 2011-07-17Gardens and Neighbors: Private Water Rights in Roman Italy (Law and Society in the Ancient World)
- 2019-05-05Thirst Water and Power in the Ancient World
- 2019-03-23Thirst Water and Power in the Ancient World
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Thirst: Water and Power in the Ancient World
- 2016-07-03Thirst Water and Power in the Ancient World
- 2011-12-17Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2011-12-06Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2011-12-04Time and Temporality in the Ancient World - Ralph Mark Rosen
- 2019-02-28Sex in Antiquity Exploring Gender and Sexuality in the Ancient World
- 2018-11-25War and Society in the Greek World
- 2018-11-01Collectors, Scholars, and Forgers in the Ancient World Object Lessons
- 2018-10-30Tin in antiquity its mining and trade throughout the ancient world with particular reference to Cor...
- 2018-09-30Ships and Seamanship in the Ancient World
- 2018-03-24The Pedagogical Contract: The Economies of Teaching and Learning in the Ancient World
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Warfare, State And Society In The Byzantine World 565-1204 (Warfare and History)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Catholicism in Modern Italy: Religion, Society and Politics since 1861 (Christianity and Society in the Modern World)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Britain and Morocco During the Embassy of John Drummond Hay (History and Society in the Islamic World)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Greek Qabalah: Alphabetic Mysticism and Numerology in the Ancient World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.