Posted on 2013-10-31, by soc_arm7.
Global Geographies of the Internet By Barney Warf
2013 | 169 Pages | ISBN: 9400712448 | PDF | 4 MB
Today, roughly 2 billion people use the internet, and its applications have flourished in number and importance. This volume will examine the growth and geography of the internet from a political economy perspective. Its central motivation is to illustrate that cyberspace does not exist in some aspatial void, but is deeply rooted in national and local political and cultural contexts.
Toward that end, it will invoke a few major theorists of cyberspace, but apply their perspectives in terms that are accessible to readers with no familiarity with them. Beyond summaries of the infrastructure that makes the internet possible and global distributions of users, it delves into issues such as the digital divide to emphasize the inequalities that accompany the growth of cyberspace. It also addresses internet censorship, e-commerce, and e-government, issues that have received remarkably little scholarly attention, particularly from a spatial perspective. Throughout, it demonstrates that in cyberspace, place matters, so that no comprehensive understanding of the internet can be achieved without considering how it is embedded within, and in turn changes, local institutional and political contexts. Thus the book rebuts simplistic "death of distance" views or those that assert there is, or can be, a "one-size-fits-all, cookie-cutter" model of the internet applicable to all times and places.
- Ebooks list page : 23634
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Global Geographies of the Internet
- 2014-03-27Global Geographies of the Internet (Repost)
- 2013-12-23GLOBAL GEOGRAPHIES OF THE INTERNET-SPRINGER pdf-ke
- 2013-12-22GLOBAL GEOGRAPHIES OF THE INTERNET-SPRINGER pdf-ke
- 2013-12-21GLOBAL GEOGRAPHIES OF THE INTERNET-SPRINGER pdf-ke
- 2013-12-20GLOBAL GEOGRAPHIES OF THE INTERNET-SPRINGER pdf-ke
- 2013-11-05Global Geographies of the Internet
- 2013-11-04Global Geographies of the Internet
- 2013-11-01Global Geographies of the Internet
- 2013-10-27Global Geographies of the Internet
- 2018-06-28Free Software, the Internet, and Global Communities of Resistance
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Chokepoints: Global Private Regulation on the Internet
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping: Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping Updated and Revised for the Internet, the Global Consumer, and Beyond
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Handbook of Computer Networks, LANs, MANs, WANs, the Internet, and Global, Cellular, and Wireless Networks (Volume 2)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Internet and Higher Education: Achieving Global Reach
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Managing Muslim Mobilities: Between Spiritual Geographies and the Global Security Regime (Religion and Global Migrations)
- 2014-05-27The Internet and Higher Education: Achieving Global Reach
- 2014-05-23The Internet and Higher Education: Achieving Global Reach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.