Posted on 2008-12-06. By anonymous.
Basic Books | 1979-03 | ISBN: 0465026850 | 776 pages | Djvu | 9,8 MB
Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, this book applies Godel's seminal contribution to modern mathematics to the study of the human mind and the development of artificial intelligence.
Everything is a symbol, and symbols can combine to form patterns. Patterns are beautiful and revelatory of larger truths. These are the central ideas in the thinking of Kurt GÃ¶del, M.C. Escher, and Johann Sebastian Bach, perhaps the three greatest minds of the past quarter-millennium. In a stunning work of humanism, Hofstadter ties together the work of mathematician GÃ¶del, graphic artist Escher, and composer Bach.
GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach, a Pulitzer prize-winning treatise on genius, explores the workings of brilliant people's brains with the help of historical examples and brainteaser puzzles. Not for the dim or the lazy, this book shows you, more clearly than most any other, what it means to see symbols and patterns where others see only the universe. Touching on math, computers, literature, music, and artificial intelligence, GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach is a challenging and potentially life-changing piece of writing.
Thank the original uploader
but the pages you mention do not correspond to the book. This version has only 491 pages.
Are you by any means referring to the newest edition of 2008 ? this is the one with 800 pages.
If by any chance you have it, please post it. It is highly enhanced.
The pages do correspond to the book. Tot167 is right, there are 776 pages in this book he uploaded. You should have notice that from Chapter VI two pages were scanned together into one image (page) in this djvu file.
Thank you, tot167!
- Ebooks list page : 1985
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2010-10-17Godel, Escher, Bach - An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2007-10-12Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2013-02-06Douglas R. Hofstadter, GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - Removed
- 2011-09-27Goedel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2011-03-14GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- 2009-04-01Godel Escher Bach -- an Eternal Gold Braid
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Golden Braid
- 2013-08-03GÃ¶del, Escher, Bach: Ein Endloses Geflochtenes Band
- 2011-11-13Hofstadter, Douglas - Gödel, Escher, Bach (GEB) (1979)
- 2011-12-19Disney's Christmas Book (Coloring Book) - Walt Disney Golden Books
- 2011-12-06Disney's Christmas Book (Coloring Book) - Walt Disney Golden Books
- 2011-11-24The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments. How to Set Up a Home Laboratory. Over 200 Simple Experiments by Robert Brent
- 2012-03-14Christie Golden - Ascension [Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 8]
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume II: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume III: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume I: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.