Posted on 2014-05-10. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0978961439 | 2011 | PDF | 500 pages | 49 MB
Grand Canyon is considered one of the seven wonders of the natural world. It possesses one of the most visually powerful landscapes on the planet, with expansive vistas, airy heights, plunging depths, towering pinnacles, sheer-walled buttes, spires, mesas, temples, and the vast, multihued, labyrinthine topography. But within the deepest corners of the main Canyon itself, hidden away from the casual observer, are seldom-visited, smaller tributary canyons that exhibit stunning beauty, intimacy and opportunity for adventure.
This guidebook is somewhat different from others in that the trips require the user to apply skills from the varied disciplines of backpacking, climbing, orienteering, rafting and technical canyoneering. The upside is that those willing to expand their skill set will find that previously inaccessible areas of the Canyon will become open to exploration. A packraft removes the impenetrable barrier presented by the Colorado River. Rope allows the descent of routes not otherwise possible for the non-technical hiker. Orienteering allows hikers to explore off-trail routes in the backcountry. As a result, this book should appeal to backpackers who wish to put together new loops and routes using a packraft, rafters who'd like to perform some canyon descents as part of their river trip, canyoneers who are looking for remote multi-day expeditions and more!
This full-color comprehensive guide includes:
- Descriptions of over 100 canyons rated by technical and physical difficulty
- Detailed first-hand descriptions supplemented by maps, photos, and GPS coordinates
- Essential equipment information
- Locations of water sources
- Natural History facts and low-impact canyoneering techniques
The trips described in this book will guide the reader on some of the most beautiful and remote backcountry adventures to be found within the Grand Canyon.
- Ebooks list page : 26779
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Grand Canyoneering: Exploring the Rugged Gorges and Secret Slots of the Grand Canyon
- 2014-05-23Grand Canyoneering Exploring the Rugged Gorges and Secret Slots of the Grand Canyon
- 2014-05-19Grand Canyoneering Exploring the Rugged Gorges and Secret Slots of the Grand Canyon
- 2011-11-25Arizona: The Grand Canyon State (Encyclopedia Britannica: discover America, Volume 3)
- 2019-03-21Frommer's Arizona and the Grand Canyon 2012
- 2019-03-19Biodiversity Conservation and Poverty Alleviation Exploring the Evidence for a Link
- 2019-03-17Frommer's Arizona and the Grand Canyon 2012
- 2019-03-06Frommer's Arizona and the Grand Canyon 2012
- 2019-02-22Murderous Minds Exploring the Criminal Psychopathic Brain Neurological Imaging and the Manifestat
- 2019-02-06Meeting the Dietary Needs of Older Adults: Exploring the Impact of the Physical, Social, and Cultural Environment: Workshop Summary,
- 2019-01-31Our Common Cosmos Exploring the Future of Theology, Human Culture and Space Sciences
- 2019-01-31The Tao of Systems Thinking Exploring the Parallels Between Eastern Mysticism and Systems Thinking
- 2019-01-30Being an Adult Learner in Austere Times Exploring the Contexts of Higher, Further and Community E
- 2019-01-30Robust Design Methodology for Reliability Exploring the Effects of Variation and Uncertainty
- 2019-01-30Murderous Minds Exploring the Criminal Psychopathic Brain Neurological Imaging and the Manifestat...
- 2019-01-28Food, Science and Society Exploring the Gap Between Expert Advice and Individual Behaviour
- 2019-01-15Being an Adult Learner in Austere Times Exploring the Contexts of Higher, Further and Community E...
- 2019-01-14Tailored Wealth Management Exploring the Cause and Effect of Financial Success
- 2019-01-11Above and Beyond Exploring the Business of Space
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.