Posted on 2013-08-02. By anonymous.
Thomas J. Fox, "Green Town USA: The Handbook for America's Sustainable Future"
ISBN: 1578263123 | 2013 | EPUB/MOBI | 240 pages | 4 MB/3 MB
"There was never a town with a truer name, though it didn't really discover it till tragedy created an opportunity that residents seized with head and heart!"
â€” Bill McKibben, author Oil and Honey:The Education of an Unlikely Activist
Hope for a greener America . . . from the extraordinary community that made it a reality.
Green Town U.S.A. recounts Greensburgâ€™s inspiring story of resilience, community, and sustainability which began on the evening of May 4, 2007, when disaster struck the quiet Kansas city. A tornado topping all the scales touched down, and in a matter of minutes, Greensburg, which stood for more than 120 years, was destroyed.
Greensburg committed to reconstructing itself from the ground up while embracing green technology and building methods, along with solar and wind energy. The new Greensburg stands testament to the strength and viability of sustainable community redevelopment and energy-efficient living.
Green Town U.S.A. is a story of hope and opportunityâ€”even in the face of obstacles and difficultiesâ€”and provides a real-world proving ground for sustainable solutions. Green Town U.S.A. takes you through the entire reconstruction process, from Long-Term Community Recovery planning for Greensburg, to the latest advancements in green materials and technology, to the leadership and teambuilding necessary to realize an achievement of this magnitude.
Every town can be a â€œgreen town.â€ Any community faced with rebuilding after a natural disaster, planning new municipal buildings or schools, upgrading retail or industrial centers, or building homes can gain valuable insight from the example of Greensburg, Kansas.
Green Town U.S.A. is an invaluable handbook for civic leaders, concerned citizens, business owners, and anyone who is a stakeholder in Americaâ€™s sustainable future.
- Ebooks list page : 22853
- 2019-01-31Green Town USA The Handbook for America's Sustainable Future
- 2018-11-22City on the Verge Atlanta and the Fight for America's Urban Future
- 2017-07-17City On The Verge: Atlanta And The Fight For America's Urban Future
- 2011-11-21John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist
- 2011-08-12John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist - Removed
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2019-08-23A Pocket History of the Civil War Citizen Soldiers, Bloody Battles, and the Fight for America's F...
- 2019-06-03The British Are Coming: The War for America, Lexington to Princeton, 1775-1777
- 2019-04-19Vocational Training in General Dental Practice: The Handbook for Trainers
- 2019-01-31The Handbook for Highly Sensitive People [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-05Free the Beaches The Story of Ned Coll and the Battle for America's Most Exclusive Shoreline
- 2018-11-06The War Before the War Fugitive Slaves and the Struggle for America's Soul from the Revolution to th...
- 2018-11-01Revolutionary Mothers Women in the Struggle for America's Independence
- 2018-10-18Only a Theory Evolution and the Battle for America's Soul
- 2018-09-07The Spy Who Changed History The Untold Story of How the Soviet Union Won the Race for America's Top Secrets
- 2018-08-23Only a Theory Evolution and the Battle for America's Soul
- 2018-06-26Free the Beaches The Story of Ned Coll and the Battle for America's Most Exclusive Shoreline
- 2018-06-18Meta-analysis in Medical Research The handbook for the understanding and practice of meta-analysis
- 2018-06-05When Raccoons Fall through Your Ceiling The Handbook for Coexisting with Wildlife
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.