Author: Matthias Jonas
Posted on 2012-01-16, by 4bookholic.
Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty
Matthias Jonas | Springer | 2011 | 260 pages | English | PDF
The assessment of greenhouse gases emitted to and removed from the atmosphere is high on the international political and scientific agendas. Growing international concern and cooperation regarding the climate change problem have increased the need for policy-oriented solutions to the issue of uncertainty in, and related to, inventories of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The approaches to addressing uncertainty discussed here reflect attempts to improve national inventories, not only for their own sake but also from a wider, systems analytical perspective — a perspective that seeks to strengthen the usefulness of national inventories under a compliance and/or global monitoring and reporting framework. These approaches demonstrate the benefits of including inventory uncertainty in policy analyses. The authors of the contributed papers show that considering uncertainty helps avoid situations that can, for example, create a false sense of certainty or lead to invalid views of subsystems. This may eventually prevent related errors from showing up in analyses. However, considering uncertainty does not come for free. Proper treatment of uncertainty is costly and demanding because it forces us to make the step from “simple to complex” and only then to discuss potential simplifications. Finally, comprehensive treatment of uncertainty does not offer policymakers quick and easy solutions.
- Ebooks list page : 17062
- 2012-01-13Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty - Matthias Jonas
- 2011-11-18Thomas White, "Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty"
- 2011-08-28Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty
- 2013-07-31Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty (repost)
- 2011-11-12Thomas White, "Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Dealing With Uncertainty" (repost)
- 2010-05-30Accounting for Climate Change: Uncertainty in Greenhouse Gas Inventories - Verification, Compliance, and Trading
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Light and Fast Organisation: A New Way of Dealing with Uncertainty
- 2013-04-30Uncertainty: A Guide to Dealing with Uncertainty in Quantitative Risk and Policy Analysis
- 2019-03-23Dealing with consumer uncertainty Public Relations in the Food Sector - Removed
- 2019-01-30African Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories and Mitigation Options
- 2018-01-04[PDF] African Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories and Mitigation Options: Forestry, Land-Use Change, and Agriculture: Johannesburg, South Africa 29 May - June 1995
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Contemporary Challenges in Risk Management: Dealing with Risk, Uncertainty and the Unknown - Removed
- 2019-04-12Dealing With Criticism The Assertive Way
- 2019-04-05Dealing With Difficult People - The Ultimate Course
- 2019-03-24Dealing With Difficult People In Life & Work - Powerful!
- 2019-03-01Making Management Simple A Practical Handbook for Dealing with Everyday Management Challenges
- 2019-02-06Freedom from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty, Updated Edition
- 2019-01-31Understanding Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Agricultural Management
- 2019-01-31Energy Technology 2011 Carbon Dioxide and Other Greenhouse Gas Reduction Metallurgy and Waste Hea
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.