Posted on 2014-06-15, by lucanhquan90.
In this fascinating book, Sambit Bhattacharyya presents a detailed account of the socio-economic processes that create broad variations in living standards across the globe.
The author examines the world's economic history over the last five centuries, replete with growth miracles and growth debacles: growth in Britain was steady, yet China lost her early advantage; North America settler colonies performed significantly better than those of Asia and Africa; Australia and Argentina were notably similar at the start of the twentieth century but delivered strikingly different growth outcomes. The book argues that these differences in growth rate are best explained by an interplay of factors, namely economic, political and geographical. In conclusion it presents long-run comparative growth narratives for Africa, China, India, the Americas, Russia and Western Europe.
Presenting a unique and original analytical framework to explain economic growth and decline, and bridging empirical growth literature and economic history, this book will prove a stimulating read for both academic and professional economists, and scholars of economic history and economic growth. Other social scientists including sociologists, political scientists and economic historians will also find the book to be of great value.
- Ebooks list page : 27674
- 2014-06-15Growth Miracles and Growth Debacles: Exploring Root Causes (repost)
- 2013-04-16Growth Miracles and Growth Debacles: Exploring Root Causes [Repost]
- 2011-07-03Growth Miracles and Growth Debacles: Exploring Root Causes
- 2011-05-24Growth Miracles and Growth Debacles: Exploring Root Causes
- 2018-06-18Genocide, Ethnonationalism, and the United Nations Exploring the Causes of Mass Killing Since 1945
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Real Cause, Real Cure: The 9 Root Causes of the Most Common Health Problems and How to Solve Them
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Male Crime and Deviance: Exploring Its Causes, Dynamics and Nature
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Male Crime and Deviance: Exploring Its Causes, Dynamics and Nature
- 2012-10-27Real Cause, Real Cure: The 9 Root Causes of the Most Common Health Problems and How to Solve Them by Jacob Teitelbaum, Bill Gottlieb - Removed
- 2011-09-05Root Causes of Terrorism: Myths, Reality and Ways Forward - Removed
- 2019-07-26@(Good) - Why You Should Read The Improbability Principle: Why Coincidences, Miracles, and Rare Events Happen Every Day by David J. Hand Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-07-05A Higher Dimension Enter a World of Prophecy, Miracles, and Glory
- 2019-07-01The Keto Code High-Fat Miracles and Lean Solutions for Beginners
- 2019-03-19Biodiversity Conservation and Poverty Alleviation Exploring the Evidence for a Link
- 2019-01-30Populism and World Politics Exploring Inter- and Transnational Dimensions (Global Political Socio
- 2019-01-15Root Causes of Suicide Terrorism The Globalization of Martyrdom
- 2019-01-13Populism and World Politics Exploring Inter- and Transnational Dimensions (Global Political Socio...
- 2019-01-11Root Causes of Suicide Terrorism The Globalization of Martyrdom
- 2019-01-10Biopreparedness and Public Health Exploring Synergies
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.