Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-09-28. By anonymous.
Publisher: Naval Fighters 1995 | 32 Pages | ISBN: 0942612310 | PDF | 35 MB
The Skyrocket story was originalÂly published in the American Aviation Historical Society (AAHS) Journal in 1989. More recently the story appeared as a two-part installment in the June and July 1994 issues of Aeroplane Monthly. The story was written by David Lucabaugh and Bob Martin with data and photos provided by Grumman's "Schoney" Schonenberg, Roger Seybel and Lois Lovisolo. They were further materially helped by CAPT W. E. Scarborough USN (Ret.) who provided additional data and loan of additional Grumman photos. The project was further aided logistically by Wayne Morris, who did most of the photo reproductions. What is most important is the fact that these individuals were able to save these documents and photos, as a project such as this would be imposÂsible today with the demise of Grumman and the current unavailÂability of its history center files. The fear is that such historical data will be lost or destroyed, as was the case at North American.
Anyone having photos or other information on this, or any other naval or marine aircraft, may submit them for possible inclusion in future issues. Any material submitted will become the property of NAVAL FIGHTERS unless prior arrangement is made. Individuals are responsible for securiÂty clearance of any material before submission.
All of the comic book reading public during the 1940s followed the adventures of "Blackhawk" and his mighty men as they conquered the world of evil. Those of us with a mind-bent towards things aeronautical knew that it was not "Superman" or "Batman" who held the keys to a crime-free society, bring on "Blackhawk". Dressed in daring dark uniforms, the dashing figures of this 1940's version of the "A Team" were mounted on the very latest of aircraft. Through the paint brush the artist portrayed an entire squadron of snub-nosed twin-engined fighters, which those of us old enough to remember know that only a single actual aircraft existed for the artist to illustrate, the Grumman XF5F-1 Skyrocket.
!!!No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules!
- Ebooks list page : 3519
- 2013-01-02Naval Fighters Number Thirty-One: Grumman XF5F-1 & XP-50 Skyrocket (Repost)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Grumman XF5F-1 & XP-50 Skyrocket (Naval Fighters Number Thirty-One)
- 2013-03-25Famous Airplanes Of The World old series 100 (8/1978): Grumman F7F Tigercat / XF5F Skyrocket (Repost)
- 2007-05-27Mobile Fading Channels: Modelling, Analysis, & Simulation
- 2007-05-27Unix in a Nutshell: System V & Solaris 2.0
- 2012-10-27Aircam Aviation Series â„–19: Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat in USN-USMC-FAA-Aeronavale & Uruguayan Service (Repost)
- 2012-02-23Berenstain Bears Almanac - Stan & Jan - Berenstain
- 2012-02-22Practical Troubleshooting of Electrical Equipment and Control Circuits (Practical Professional Books from Elsevier) - Dinesh Patil B.E (I&C) DipEE
- 2012-02-18Choosing and Using Spices - Sallie & Mackley
- 2012-02-12Choosing and Using Spices - Sallie & Mackley
- 2012-02-09The Oxford Companion to Shakespeare - Michael Dobson & Stanley Wells - Removed
- 2012-02-09Digitales Face- und Bodystyling [German] - Birgit Nitzsche & Karsten B. Rose
- 2012-01-23The Oxford Companion to Shakespeare - Michael Dobson & Stanley Wells - Removed
- 2012-01-22Stability and Ductility of Steel Structures (SDSS’99) - D. Dubin&acaron
- 2012-01-22Velocity Speed with Direction…professional Career of Gen Jerome F. O’Malley - Aloysius G. & Patricai A. Casey
- 2012-01-22Choosing and Using Spices - Sallie & Mackley
- 2012-01-20Standard & Poor”s 500 Guide, 2011 Edition (Standard and Poor’s 500 Guide) - Ard & Poor's
- 2012-01-16Combust the Sun - Andrews & Austin
- 2012-01-12Spoonbread & Strawberry Wine – Recipes & Reminiscences of a Family - Norma Jean & Carole Darden
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.