Posted on 2014-02-14. By anonymous.
English | 2011 | ISBN: 908686175X | ISBN-13: 9789086861750 | 487 pages | PDF | 7 MB
Skin diseases can affect up to 80% of the population. These diseases range from blemishes to frank cancerous growth. Included in this are psoriasis and acne which affect literally millions of people. Some diseases such as skin cancer can be life threatening. Other diseases can however, lead to permanent scaring.
Moreover, novel nutritional components have been used experimentally to treat skin conditions and their clinical application await confirmation. It is thus up to health care professionals to present new knowledge in order to provide advice or treatments for these skin problems. Studies have clearly shown that optimal diet and nutrition can prevent skin disease. Moreover, nutritional components can also be used for therapeutic treatments. This handbook provides, in a single volume, comprehensive coverage of skin, diet and nutrition in its broadest sense.
The Handbook of diet, nutrition and the skin consists of sections on general aspects of skin, nutrition and diet, micronutrients, nutraceuticals, cancer and specific skin conditions. Unique features of each chapter in this volume include relevant and useful 'Key facts' which highlight interesting or important findings of the specific subjects and 'Summary points' that are designed to abstract each chapter in take home messages. This handbook will be of interest to a wide range of readers, such as dermatologists, doctors, nurses and those interested in, or working within the area of skin health. This will of course also include nutritionists and dieticians, scientific beauticians, health workers and practitioners, college and university lecturers and undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ebooks list page : 25148
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Handbook of Cheese in Health: Production, nutrition and medical sciences (Human Health Handbooks)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Handbook of Diet and Nutrition in the Menstrual Cycle, Periconception and Fertility (Human Health Handbooks)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Handbook of Nutrition, Diet and Sleep (Human Health Handbooks)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Handbook of Nutrition and Diet in Leukemia and Blood Disease Therapy (Human Health Handbooks)
- 2011-08-01Nutrition and Traumatic Brain Injury: Improving Acute and Subacute Health Outcomes in Military Personnel
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Handbook of Nutrition and the Kidney (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Handbook Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Evolution of the Human Diet: The Known, the Unknown, and the Unknowable (Human Evolution Series)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Evolution of the Human Diet: The Known, the Unknown, and the Unknowable (Human Evolution Series)
- 2016-07-21Handbook of Nutrition and the Kidney - Removed
- 2014-04-10Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats (Revised 2nd edition)
- 2014-03-24Nutrition, Diet Therapy, and the Liver (repost)
- 2013-08-27Handbook of Non-Invasive Methods and the Skin by Jorgen Serup, Gregor B. E. Jemec and Gary L. Grove
- 2013-08-16Handbook of Non-Invasive Methods and the Skin (repost)
- 2013-03-16Handbook of Nutrition and the Kidney (repost) - Removed
- 2012-11-23Nutrition, Diet Therapy, And The Liver - Removed
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Human-Environment Interactions in Forest Ecosystems - Emilio F. Moran
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.