Posted on 2018-10-01, updated at 2018-10-31, by nokia241186.
Hands on History: A Resource for Teaching Mathematics By Amy Shell-Gellasch
2008 | 190 Pages | ISBN: 0883851822 | PDF | 33 MB
Research shows that students learn best when they actively participate in their learning. In particular, hands-on activities provide the greatest opportunities for gaining understanding and promoting retention. Apart from simple manipulatives, the mathematics classroom offers few options for hands-on activities. However, the history of mathematics offers many ways to incorporate hands-on learning. By bringing this material culture of mathematics into the classroom, students can experience historical applications and uses of mathematics in a setting rich in discovery and intellectual interest. This volume is a compilation of articles from researchers and educators who use the history of mathematics to facilitate active learning in the classroom. The contributions range from simple devices, such as the rectangular protractor, to elaborate models of descriptive geometry. Other chapters provide detailed descriptions on how to build and use historical models in the high school or collegiate classroom.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37274
- 2018-10-31Hands on History A Resource for Teaching Mathematics
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Hands on History: A Resource for Teaching Mathematics
- 2014-04-19Hands on History: A Resource for Teaching Mathematics
- 2010-07-21Computational Frameworks for the Fast Fourier Transform
- 2012-02-23Mathematics in Action: An Introduction to Algebraic, Graphical, and Numerical Problem Solving (4th Edition) - Consortium For Foundation Mathematics - Removed
- 2018-08-13The Open-Ended Approach A New Proposal for Teaching Mathematics
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Problem-Solving Strategies for Efficient and Elegant Solutions: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Strategies for Teaching Mathematics
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Art of Problem Solving: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Resources for Teaching Mathematics: 14-16
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Enabling Students in Mathematics: A Three-Dimensional Perspective for Teaching Mathematics in Grades 6-12
- 2013-01-15Resources for Teaching Mathematics: 14-16 [Repost]
- 2012-09-27The Art of Problem Solving: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2012-09-02The Art of Problem Solving: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2012-04-17Strategies for Teaching Mathematics
- 2012-04-09Strategies for Teaching Mathematics by Mink Deborah V.
- 2012-02-25Resources for Teaching Mathematics: 14-16
- 2010-04-11Inventive Strategies for Teaching Mathematics: Implementing Standards for Reform (Psychology in the Classroom)
- 2009-07-24Providing a Foundation for Teaching Mathematics in the Middle Grades
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.