Posted on 2013-12-22, by miada.
Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia
Published: 2011-09-10 | ISBN: 3642226574 | PDF | 230 pages | 3 mb
The term "haptics" refers to the science of sensing and manipulation through touch. Multiple disciplines such as biomechanics, psychophysics, robotics, neuroscience, and software engineering converge to support haptics, and generally, haptic research is done by three communities: the robotics community, the human computer interface community, and the virtual reality community.
This book is different from any other book that has looked at haptics. The authors treat haptics as a new medium rather than just a domain within one of the above areas. They describe human haptic perception and interfaces and present fundamentals in haptic rendering and modeling in virtual environments. Diverse software architectures for standalone and networked haptic systems are explained, and the authors demonstrate the vast application spectrum of this emerging technology along with its accompanying trends. The primary objective is to provide a comprehensive overview and a practical understanding of haptic technologies. An appreciation of the close relationship between the wide range of disciplines that constitute a haptic system is a key principle towards being able to build successful collaborative haptic environments.
Structured as a reference to allow for fast accommodation of the issues concerned, this book is intended for researchers interested in studying touch and force feedback for use in technological multimedia systems in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related disciplines. With its novel approach, it paves the way for exploring research trends and challenges in such fields as interpersonal communication, games, or military applications.
- Ebooks list page : 24235
- 2013-12-18Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia [Repost]
- 2013-02-16Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia (repost)
- 2011-09-20Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia (Springer Series on Touch and Haptic Systems)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Commercialization of Innovative Technologies: Bringing Good Ideas to the Marketplace
- 2013-08-14Commercialization of Innovative Technologies: Bringing Good Ideas to the Marketplace
- 2018-11-01The Senses of Touch Haptics, Affects and Technologies
- 2010-06-30The Senses of Touch: Haptics, Affects and Technologies (Senses and Sensibilities)
- 2019-06-12Multimedia Networking Technologies, Protocols, & Architectures
- 2019-03-18Wireless Communication Technologies New Multimedia Systems - Removed
- 2019-01-24Rhetorical Touch Disability, Identification, Haptics
- 2019-01-15Fusion of Smart, Multimedia and Computer Gaming Technologies Research, Systems and Perspectives - Removed
- 2019-01-10Rhetorical Touch Disability, Identification, Haptics
- 2019-01-10Fusion of Smart, Multimedia and Computer Gaming Technologies Research, Systems and Perspectives
- 2019-01-06Fusion of Smart, Multimedia and Computer Gaming Technologies Research, Systems and Perspectives
- 2018-12-27Rhetorical Touch Disability, Identification, Haptics
- 2018-08-01Musical Haptics (Springer Series on Touch and Haptic Systems)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Advances in Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing: Proceeding of the Twelfth International Conference on Intelligent ... (Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Contemporary Research on Intertextuality in Video Games (Advances in Multimedia and Interactive Technologies)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services (Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.