Posted on 2013-12-22, by miada.
Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia
Published: 2011-09-10 | ISBN: 3642226574 | PDF | 230 pages | 3 mb
The term "haptics" refers to the science of sensing and manipulation through touch. Multiple disciplines such as biomechanics, psychophysics, robotics, neuroscience, and software engineering converge to support haptics, and generally, haptic research is done by three communities: the robotics community, the human computer interface community, and the virtual reality community.
This book is different from any other book that has looked at haptics. The authors treat haptics as a new medium rather than just a domain within one of the above areas. They describe human haptic perception and interfaces and present fundamentals in haptic rendering and modeling in virtual environments. Diverse software architectures for standalone and networked haptic systems are explained, and the authors demonstrate the vast application spectrum of this emerging technology along with its accompanying trends. The primary objective is to provide a comprehensive overview and a practical understanding of haptic technologies. An appreciation of the close relationship between the wide range of disciplines that constitute a haptic system is a key principle towards being able to build successful collaborative haptic environments.
Structured as a reference to allow for fast accommodation of the issues concerned, this book is intended for researchers interested in studying touch and force feedback for use in technological multimedia systems in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related disciplines. With its novel approach, it paves the way for exploring research trends and challenges in such fields as interpersonal communication, games, or military applications.
- Ebooks list page : 24235
- 2013-12-18Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia [Repost]
- 2013-02-16Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia (repost)
- 2011-09-20Haptics Technologies: Bringing Touch to Multimedia (Springer Series on Touch and Haptic Systems)
- 2013-08-14Commercialization of Innovative Technologies: Bringing Good Ideas to the Marketplace
- 2010-06-30The Senses of Touch: Haptics, Affects and Technologies (Senses and Sensibilities)
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Multimedia Security Technologies for Digital Rights Management
- 2014-06-11Intelligent Multimedia Databases and Information Retrieval: Advancing Applications and Technologies (repost)
- 2014-01-27Intelligent Interactive Technologies and Multimedia - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-19Advanced Technologies, Embedded and Multimedia for Human-centric Computing: HumanCom and EMC 2013
- 2013-11-17Intelligent multimedia databases and information retrieval: advancing applications and technologies
- 2013-11-10Intelligent Interactive Technologies and Multimedia
- 2013-06-29Aura Ganz, Multimedia Wireless Networks: Technologies, Standards and QoS
- 2012-10-10Innovations in Mobile Multimedia Communications and Applications: New Technologies (repost)
- 2012-05-19Ngoc Thanh Nguyen, Radoslaw Katarzyniak “New Challenges in Applied Intelligence Technologies"
- 2012-05-11Drupal Multimedia - Removed
- 2012-05-11Network Security Technologies and Solutions
- 2012-05-11Jay H. Lehr, Wiley's Remediation Technologies Handbook: Major Contaminant Chemicals & Chemical Groups
- 2012-05-09Adam Kornak, Enterprise Guide to Gaining Business Value from Mobile Technologies
- 2012-04-30Norihiko Morinaga, "Wireless Communication Technologies: New Multimedia Systems" (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.