Posted on 2017-09-18, by nokia241186.
How Organizations Develop Activists: Civic Associations and Leadership in the 21st Century by Hahrie Han
2014 | ISBN: 0199336776, 0199336768 | English | 250 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Why are some civic associations better than others at getting-and keeping-people involved in activism? From MoveOn.org to the National Rifle Association, Health Care for America Now to the Sierra Club, membership-based civic associations constantly seek to engage people in civic and political action. What makes some more effective than others?
Using in-person observations, surveys, and field experiments, this book compares organizations with strong records of engaging people in health and environmental politics to those with weaker records. To build power, civic associations need quality and quantity (or depth and breadth) of activism. They need lots of people to take action and also a cadre of leaders to develop and execute that activity. Yet, models for how to develop activists and leaders are not necessarily transparent. This book provides these models to help associations build the power they want and support a healthy democracy. In particular, the book examines organizing, mobilizing, and lone wolf models of engagement and shows how highly active associations blend mobilizing and organizing to transform their members' motivations and capacities for involvement.
This is not a simple story about the power of offline versus online organizing. Instead, it is a story about how associations can blend both online and offline strategies to build their activist base. In this compelling book, Hahrie Han explains how civic associations can invest in their members and build the capacity they need to inspire action.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 31964
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2017-10-22[PDF] How We Live Now: Redefining Home and Family in the 21st Century
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Learning Leadership in a Changing World: Virtue and Effective Leadership in the 21st Century
- 2014-01-15How to Win Lotteries, Sweepstakes, and Contests in the 21st Century (repost)
- 2011-11-16Leadership and Management in the 21st Century: Business Challenges of the Future
- 2010-01-27How to Win Lotteries, Sweepstakes, and Contests in the 21st Century
- 2009-07-04How to Win Lotteries, Sweepstakes, and Contests in the 21st Century
- 2019-03-11Beyond Smoke and Mirrors Climate Change And Energy In The 21St Century
- 2019-03-01Computers and Education in the 21st Century
- 2019-02-23Computers and Education in the 21st Century
- 2019-01-31Understanding Sexuality Perspectives and Challenges of the 21st Century
- 2019-01-25Flower Breeding and Genetics: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities for the 21st Century
- 2019-01-25Flower Breeding and Genetics Issues, Challenges and Opportunities for the 21st Century - Removed
- 2019-01-24Superlearning 2000 New Triple Fast Ways You Can Learn, Earn, and Succeed in the 21st Century
- 2019-01-15Biophotonics Optical Science and Engineering for the 21st Century
- 2019-01-11Biopsychosocial Approaches in Primary Care State of the Art and Challenges for the 21st Century
- 2019-01-11Creative Ballet Teaching Technique and Artistry for the 21st Century Ballet Dancer
- 2019-01-10Aging and Work in the 21st Century, 2 edition
- 2019-01-08Superlearning 2000 New Triple Fast Ways You Can Learn, Earn, and Succeed in the 21st Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.