Posted on 2012-06-16. By anonymous.
English | 2011 | ISBN: 1437734634 | 575 pages | PDF | 1.93 MB
In this important reference work, Zeliger catalogs the known effects of chemical mixtures on the human body and also proposes a framework for understanding and predicting their actions in terms of lipophile (fat soluble) / hydrophile (water soluble) interactions. The author's focus is on illnesses that ensue following exposures to mixtures of chemicals that cannot be attributed to any one component of the mixture. In the first part the mechanisms of chemical absorption at a molecular and macromolecular level are explained, as well as the body's methods of defending itself against xenobiotic intrusion. Part II examines the sources of the chemicals discusssed, looking at air and water pollution, food additives, pharmaceuticals, etc. Part III, which includes numerous case studies, examines specific effects of particular mixtures on particular body systems and organs and presents a theoretical framework for predicting what the effects of uncharacterized mixtures might be. Part IV covers regulatory requirements and the need to adjust recommended exposure levels for products containing mixtures. It also contains recommendations on how to limit exposure to mixtures in the products we use and on how to limit release of mixtures into the environment. Providing brief summaries of each mixture and its effects, Zeliger provides a comprehensive reference, a jumping off point for professionals (with extensive chapter bibliographies) and an introduction to the topic for those studying traditional toxicology. Addressing many inadequately understood illnesses and conditions such as asthma, infertility and cancer, it will also be of interest to health professionals, environmental scientists and lawyers.. Presents a theoretical framework for predicting the effects of chemical mixtures for which no specific data exists (this predictive aspect is important due to the vast number of different potential chemical combinations - far too many to comprehensively catalog). . A quick and convenient source of hard to come by data on the rapidly developing field of chemical mixtures, for groups including chemists and engineers, toxicologists, health professionals and environmental scientists. . New and updated material comprises over 30% of this timely new edition, which includes the latest research data alongside an expanded introduction to the science and art of predicting the toxicological properties of chemical mixtures.
WANT MORE? VISIT MY BLOG!
- Ebooks list page : 18992
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition
- 2014-04-23Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition (repost)
- 2011-09-25Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition
- 2013-05-28Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures (2nd Edition) [Repost]
- 2009-03-10Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures - Removed
- 2009-03-10Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures
- 2011-08-26Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction, Second Edition
- 2012-05-16Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers, Second Edition: Principles and Applications
- 2012-01-01Fiber Bragg Gratings, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) - Removed
- 2011-11-22Database System Implementation (Second Edition)
- 2011-11-02Electrical Engineering 101, Second Edition: Everything You Should Have Learned in School...but Probably Didn't
- 2011-10-29CSS The Missing Manual Second Edition
- 2011-09-16Fiber Bragg Gratings, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Textbook of Chemical Peels, Second Edition: Superficial, Medium, and Deep Peels in Cosmetic Practice (Series in Cosmetic and Laser Therapy)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Horticultural Therapy Methods: Connecting People and Plants in Health Care, Human Services, and Therapeutic Programs, Second Edition
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Technology, Second Edition
- 2017-04-11[PDF] Human Herpesvirus-6, Volume 12, Second Edition: General Virology, Epidemiology, and Clinical Pathology (Perspectives in Medical Virology)
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Human Herpesvirus-6, Volume 12, Second Edition: General Virology, Epidemiology, and Clinical Pathology (Perspectives in Medical Virology)
- 2013-05-01Nuclear Chemical Engineering, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.