Posted on 2014-04-23. By anonymous.
English | 2011-07-07 | ISBN: 1437734634 | PDF | 574 pages | 3,2 MB
In this important reference work, Zeliger catalogs the known effects of chemical mixtures on the human body and also proposes a framework for understanding and predicting their actions in terms of lipophile (fat soluble)/hydrophile (water soluble) interactions.
The author's focus is on illnesses that ensue following exposures to mixtures of chemicals that cannot be attributed to any one component of the mixture. In the first part the mechanisms of chemical absorption at a molecular and macromolecular level are explained, as well as the body's methods of defending itself against xenobiotic intrusion. Part II examines the sources of the chemicals discussed, looking at air and water pollution, food additives, pharmaceuticals, etc. Part III, which includes numerous case studies, examines specific effects of particular mixtures on particular body systems and organs and presents a theoretical framework for predicting what the effects of uncharacterized mixtures might be. Part IV covers regulatory requirements and the need to adjust recommended exposure levels for products containing mixtures.
It also contains recommendations on how to limit exposure to mixtures in the products we use and on how to limit release of mixtures into the environment. Providing brief summaries of each mixture and its effects, Zeliger provides a comprehensive reference, a jumping off point for professionals (with extensive chapter bibliographies) and an introduction to the topic for those studying traditional toxicology. Addressing many inadequately understood illnesses and conditions such as asthma, infertility and cancer, it will also be of interest to health professionals, environmental scientists and lawyers.
This title presents a theoretical framework for predicting the effects of chemical mixtures for which no specific data exists (this predictive aspect is important due to the vast number of different potential chemical combinations - far too many to comprehensively catalog). This is a quick and convenient source of hard to come by data on the rapidly developing field of chemical mixtures, for groups including chemists and engineers, toxicologists, health professionals and environmental scientists. New and updated material comprises over 30 per cent of this timely new edition, which includes the latest research data alongside an expanded introduction to the science and art of predicting the toxicological properties of chemical mixtures.
- Ebooks list page : 26388
- 2012-06-16Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition by Harold I. Zeliger (Repost)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition
- 2013-05-28Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures (2nd Edition) [Repost]
- 2011-09-25Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures, Second Edition
- 2013-05-01Nuclear Chemical Engineering, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2012-01-25Nuclear Chemical Engineering, Second Edition (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-10-27Encyclopedia of Human Nutrition, Four-Volume Set, Second Edition (repost)
- 2009-07-25Human Factors and Web Development, Second Edition (Repost)
- 2009-03-10Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures - Removed
- 2009-03-10Human Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures
- 2008-12-12Human Sexuality: A Psychosocial Perspective, Second Edition (Repost) - Removed
- 2011-08-26Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction, Second Edition
- 2014-02-24Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta: Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-10-04Inhalation Toxicology, Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-06-25Human Factors in Aviation, Second Edition (Repost)
- 2012-12-11Viruses and Human Disease, Second Edition (Repost)
- 2012-11-03Handbook of Environmental Analysis: Chemical Pollutants in Air, Water, Soil, and Solid Wastes, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2012-11-01Manual of Pathology of the Human Placenta (Second Edition) (repost)
- 2012-06-09Human Factors in Aviation, Second Edition (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.