Posted on 2019-08-13, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 0199362815 | 2015 | 240 pages | PDF | 25 MB
Green fluorescent proteins have been floating in the ocean for more than 160 million years, but it took a curious scientist, fascinated by pinpricks of green light, to begin unlocking their potential. Now these jellyfish proteins have become one of the most important tools available to researchers in modern medicine and biology. By using them to illuminate other proteins that were previously invisible even under a microscope, scientists are now able to observe facets of disease that would have otherwise gone undetected. Green fluorescent proteins are used in over three million experiments a year and have proved invaluable for tasks such as tracking HIV, breeding bird flu-resistant chickens, and confirming the existence of cancerous stem cells.
In Illuminating Disease, Marc Zimmer introduces us to these revolutionary proteins, acquainting readers both with the researchers responsible for the proteins' discovery as well as their wide utility. The book details the history of genetically modified fluorescent parasites and viruses, which provide scientists with lifesaving information about the spread of diseases. Green fluorescent proteins allow scientists and doctors to understand diseases better by quite literally illuminating various microscopic interactions occurring in living cells that otherwise would have gone unseen.
The book is richly illustrated, showing the visually striking uses of green fluorescent proteins, and many of these scans have won awards in biological imaging competitions. An ideal introduction for students and advanced researchers alike, Illuminating Disease is an accessible yet deeply probing investigation into one of the most important developments in medical research of the last several decades.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41118
- 2016-12-13Illuminating Disease An Introduction to Green Fluorescent Proteins
- 2019-01-31Green Fluorescent Protein Properties, Applications, and Protocols, Volume 47, Second Edition
- 2019-01-23Green Fluorescent Protein Properties, Applications, and Protocols, Volume 47, Second Edition
- 2018-10-07Pathophysiology of Disease An Introduction to Clinical Medicine (7th edition)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Introduction to Green Screens and Virtual Sets
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Introduction to Peptides and Proteins
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Fluorescent Proteins I: From Understanding to Design (Springer Series on Fluorescence) - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Introduction to Green Chemistry
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Fluorescent Proteins II: Application of Fluorescent Protein Technology
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Understanding Parkinson's Disease: An Introduction for Patients and Caregivers
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine Flash Cards
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Viral Applications of Green Fluorescent Protein: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Homocysteine in Protein Structure/Function and Human Disease: Chemical Biology of Homocysteine-containing Proteins
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Green Fluorescent Protein (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Introduction to Green Chemistry, Second Edition
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine (7th edition)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] In Vivo Cellular Imaging Using Fluorescent Proteins: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2017-04-15Introduction To Green Screens And Virtual Sets
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.