Author: A Tour, Greatest Fictional City, Imagined London
Publisher: National Geographic
Posted on 2011-12-02, by sharebookfree.
Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City
A Tour, Greatest Fictional City, Imagined London | National Geographic | 1970-01-02 | 176 pages | Other | EPUB
Anna Quindlen first visited London from a chair in her suburban Philadelphia homeâ€”in one of her beloved childhood mystery novels. She has been back to London countless times since, through the pages of books and in person, and now, in Imagined London, she takes her own readers on a tour of this greatest of literary cities.
While New York, Paris, and Dublin are also vividly portrayed in fiction, it is London, Quindlen argues, that has always been the star, both because of the primacy of English literature and the specificity of city descriptions. She bases her view of the city on her own detailed literary map, tracking the footsteps of her favorite characters: the places where Evelyn Waugh's bright young things danced until dawn, or where Lydia Bennett eloped with the dastardly Wickham.
In Imagined London, Quindlen walks through the city, moving within blocks from the great books of the 19th century to the detective novels of the 20th to the new modernist tradition of the 21st. With wit and charm, Imagined London gives this splendid city its full due in the landscape of the literary imagination.
Praise for Imagined London:
"Shows just how much a reading experience can enrich a physical journey." â€”New York Times Book Review
"An elegant new work of nonfiction... People will be inspired by this book." â€”Ann Curry, Today
"An affectionate, richly allusive tribute to the city." â€”Kirkus Reviews
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 15792
- 2012-01-17Imagined London: A Tour of the World’s Greatest Fictional City - A Tour
- 2012-01-08Imagined London: A Tour of the World’s Greatest Fictional City - A Tour
- 2012-01-01Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City (National Geographic Directions)
- 2011-08-29Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-03-25The World's Warships 1941
- 2012-03-20Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen
- 2012-03-14The World of Pompeii (Routledge Worlds)
- 2012-01-12Beyond Twilight: Explore The World Of Vampires
- 2011-11-26Atlas of Global Development: A Visual Guide to the World's Greatest Challenges
- 2011-11-08The World's Best Piano Arrangements
- 2009-12-21101 Ways Youth Can Change the World
- 2018-11-05Race Across the World: The incredible story of the world's greatest road race - the 1968 London to Sydney Marathon
- 2011-08-17CO2 Rising: The World's Greatest Environmental Challenge
- 2009-12-08Scrappy Information Security: A plain-English tour through the world of Intranets, the Internet, Packets, Headers, Ports...
- 2019-03-28The Greatest Movies You'll Never See Unseen Masterpieces by the World's Greatest Directors
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.