Posted on 2018-08-16, by nokia241186.
Impeachment: A Citizen's Guide [Audiobook] by Cass R. Sunstein
English | July 3rd, 2018 | ASIN: B07DXFX2Q5, ISBN: 1982556218 | kbps | 4 hrs 33 mins | 125.14 MB
Narrator: Joe Barrett
As Benjamin Franklin famously put it, Americans have a republic, if we can keep it. Preserving the Constitution and the democratic system it supports is the public's responsibility. One route the Constitution provides for discharging that duty - a route rarely traveled - is impeachment.
Cass R. Sunstein provides a succinct citizen's guide to an essential tool of self-government. He illuminates the constitutional design behind impeachment and emphasizes the people's role in holding presidents accountable. Despite intense interest in the subject, impeachment is widely misunderstood. Sunstein identifies and corrects a number of misconceptions. For example, he shows that the Constitution, not the House of Representatives, establishes grounds for impeachment, and that the president can be impeached for abuses of power that do not violate the law. Even neglect of duty counts among the "high crimes and misdemeanors" delineated in the republic's foundational document. Sunstein describes how impeachment helps make sense of our constitutional order, particularly the framers' controversial decision to install an empowered executive in a nation deeply fearful of kings.
With an eye toward the past and the future, Impeachment: A Citizen's Guide considers a host of actual and imaginable arguments for a president's removal, explaining why some cases are easy and others hard, why some arguments for impeachment have been judicious and others not. In direct and approachable terms, it dispels the fog surrounding impeachment so that Americans of all political convictions may use their ultimate civic authority wisely.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36967
- 2019-07-03Impeachment A Citizen's Guide
- 2018-01-13Impeachment; A Citizen's Guide
- 2013-02-16Jon Stewart - America: A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction [Audiobook]
- 2013-01-25Basic Economics, 2nd Edition: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy (Audiobook)
- 2012-12-08The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Audiobook): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2008-12-14Basic Economics: A Citizenâ€™s Guide to the Economy (AudioBook)
- 2019-08-10The Farm Bill: A Citizen's Guide
- 2019-07-02The Tantrum Survival Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-06-27Taoism An Essential Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-04-30Kissing A Field Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-04-29Kissing A Field Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-25Kissing A Field Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-25Computer Networking The Complete Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-22Neurodiversity A Humorous and Practical Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31Survival Theory A Preparedness Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-30Neurodiversity A Humorous and Practical Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-24E-Mail A Write It Well Guide [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10E-Mail A Write It Well Guide [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-28E-Mail A Write It Well Guide [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.