Posted on 2009-02-16. By anonymous.
American Psychological Association | 2002 | ISBN: 1557989540 | Pages: 264 | PDF | 14.26 MB
An exploration of the emotions of despair, fear and anger that arose after the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in the autumn of 2001. The authors analyze reactions to the attacks through the lens of terror management theory, an existential psychological model that explains why humans react the way they do to the threat of death and how this reaction influences their post-threat cognition and emotion. The theory provides ways to understand and reduce terrorism's effect and possibly find resolutions to conflicts involving terrorism. The authors focus primarily on the reaction in the United States to the 9/11 attack, but their model is applicable to all instances of terrorism, and they expand their discussion to include the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The work has practical implications and should be a useful resource for mental health practitioners, researchers, and anyone concerned with the causes and effects of terrorism.
- Ebooks list page : 2361
- 2011-11-26Attachment, Evolution, and the Psychology of Religion - Lee A. Kirkpatrick Phd
- 2011-09-29The Psychology of Art and the Evolution of the Conscious Brain (Bradford Books)
- 2012-01-02The Psychology of Group Perception
- 2011-12-17Contemporary Perspectives on the Psychology of Attitudes - Geoffrey Haddock, Gregory R. Maio
- 2011-12-15Contemporary Perspectives on the Psychology of Attitudes - Geoffrey Haddock, Gregory R. Maio
- 2011-12-07Contemporary Perspectives on the Psychology of Attitudes - Geoffrey Haddock, Gregory R. Maio
- 2011-11-26Contemporary Perspectives on the Psychology of Attitudes - Geoffrey Haddock, Gregory R. Maio
- 2011-11-08Contemporary Perspectives on the Psychology of Attitudes
- 2011-09-29The Psychology of Attention - Removed
- 2011-08-26The Psychology of Graphic Images: Seeing, Drawing, Communicating - Removed
- 2011-07-10The Psychology of Leadership: New Perspectives and Research (Lea's Organization and Management Series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Psychology of Eating and Drinking
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Psychology of Sport Injury and Rehabilitation
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Psychology of Feeling Sorry: The Weight of the Soul
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Psychology of Education 2nd edition
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Psychology of Advertising
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Psychology of Intelligence
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Psychology of Culture Shock
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Individuation and Narcissism: The Psychology of Self in Jung and Kohut
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.