Posted on 2018-09-14, by manhneovn.
Interpreting Basic Statistics gives students valuable practice in interpreting statistical reporting as it actually appears in peer-reviewed journals.
New to the eighth edition: A broader array of basic statistical concepts is covered, especially to better reflect the New Statistics.
Journal excerpts have been updated to reflect current styles in statistical reporting.
A stronger emphasis on data visualizations has been added.
The statistical exercises have been re-organized into units to facilitate ease of use and understanding.
About this book
Each of the 64 exercises gives a brief excerpt of statistical reporting from a published research article, and begins with guidelines for interpreting the statistics in the excerpt.
The questions on the excerpts promote learning by requiring students to
interpret information in tables and figures,
perform simple calculations to further their interpretations,
critique data-reporting techniques, and
evaluate procedures used to collect data.
Each exercise covers a limited number of statistics, making it easy to coordinate the exercises with lectures and a main textbook.
The questions in each exercise are divided into two parts: (1) Factual Questions and (2) Questions for Discussion. The factual questions require careful reading for details, while the discussion questions show that interpreting statistics is more than a mathematical exercise. These questions require students to apply good judgment as well as statistical reasoning in arriving at appropriate interpretations.
- Ebooks list page : 37143
- 2011-11-09Basic Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, 6th Edition - Removed
- 2018-04-24Meaning-Centered Therapy Workbook Based on Viktor Frankl's Logotherapy & Existential Analysis
- 2018-03-23Packt Publishing - Basic Statistics and Data Mining for Data Science
- 2018-02-01Basic Statistics And Data Mining For Data Science
- 2018-01-21[PDF] New Research Trends of Fluorite-Based Oxide Materials: From Basic Chemistry and Materials Science to Engineering Applications (Materials Science and Technologies)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Understanding Basic Statistics (4 Edition)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Foundations of Statistics: A Simulation-based Approach
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Basic Statistics: Understanding Conventional Methods and Modern Insights
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Basic Statistics: Tales of Distributions
- 2018-01-01Basic Statistics and Data Mining for Data Science
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Cengage Advantage Books: Basic Statistics: Tales of Distributions
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Basic Statistics: A Primer for the Biomedical Sciences
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Step-By-Step Basic Statistics Using SAS: Student Guide
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Basic Statistics and Epidemiology: A Practical Guide, Fourth Edition
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Beyond Basic Statistics: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Data Analyst Should Know
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Foundations of Behavioral Statistics: An Insight-Based Approach
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Step-By-Step Basic Statistics Using SAS: Exercises
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Aromatherapy: Basic Mechanisms and Evidence Based Clinical Use (Clinical Pharmacognosy Series)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Udacity - Intro to Statistics: Making Decisions Based on Data (2015)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.