Islamic Narrative and Authority in Southeast Asia: From the 16th to the 21st Century (Contemporary Anthropology of Religion)
Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-07-02. By anonymous.
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | 2007 | ISBN 1403979839 | PDF | 268 pages | 10.4 MB
The roots of contemporary Islamic militancy in Southeast Asia lie in the sixteenth century, when Christian Europeans first tried to dominate Indian Ocean trade. Through a detailed analysis of sacred scriptures, epic narratives and oral histories from the region, this book shows how Southeast Asian Muslims combined cosmopolitan Islamic models of knowledge and authority with local Austronesian models of divine kingship to first resist and then to appropriate Dutch colonial models of rational bureaucracy. At the beginning of the twenty-first century, these models continue to shape regional responses to contemporary trends such as the rise of global Islamism.
- Ebooks list page : 6312
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2018-05-31Frisians and Their North Sea Neighbours From the Fifth Century to the Viking Age
- 2018-04-12Guild and State European Political Thought from the Twelfth Century to the Present 1st Edition
- 2011-08-23Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2018-09-25Stress and Anxiety Relief for Women in the 21st Century
- 2018-08-14Stress and Anxiety Relief for Women in the 21st Century
- 2018-05-28Stress and Anxiety Relief for Women in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Nematology in South Africa: A View from the 21st Century
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Health and Well-Being: A Social and Cultural Perspective (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Labour Markets, Institutions and Inequality: Building Just Societies in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Walking and Walkable Communities: Health Goals and Implementation Strategies (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Leadership and Personal Development: A Toolbox for the 21st Century Professional
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Evolution: A View from the 21st Century (paperback)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Globalized Supply Chains and U.S. Policy (America in the 21st Century: Political and Economic Issues)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Routledge Handbook of Ethics and War: Just War Theory in the 21st Century (Routledge International Handbooks)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Opportunities and Challenges for Applied Demography in the 21st Century (Applied Demography Series) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Globalization and Environmental Challenges: Reconceptualizing Security in the 21st Century (Hexagon Series on Human and Environmental Security and Peace)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Selenium: Sources, Functions, and Health Effects (Public Health in the 21st Century)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Role of Plant Pathology in Food Safety and Food Security (Plant Pathology in the 21st Century)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.