Posted on 2018-05-10, by nokia241186.
Italian Women and International Cold War Politics, 1944-1968 by Wendy Pojmann
2013 | ISBN: 0823245608 | English | 248 pages | PDF | 2 MB
The women of the Socialist/Communist Unione Donne Italiane (UDI) and the lay Catholic Centro Italiano Femminile (CIF) are the protagonists in this keen study of the relationship between national Italian women's associations and international women's movements from 1944, when the associations became active, to 1968, when another generation of activists led women's movements in a new direction. By considering the reach and impact of these organizations in relation to Italian bipolarism (the nearly equal division of the Italian people into two camps, one pro-Communist and the other pro-Western) and world events, Dr. Wendy Pojmann demonstrates that women played a much larger role than Cold War histories tend to relate. Not just voters, women were active political participants during the tumultuous decades of the Cold War. Italian Women in International Cold War Politics, 1944-1968 pays particular attention to the UDI's work with the largest
international postwar women's organization, the pro-Soviet Women's International Democratic Federation (WIDF), and the CIF's relationship with the global Catholic organization the World Movement of Mothers (WMM), to better understand the ways in which the Cold War affected both national and international agendas for
The Italian case is particularly significant in placing women's movements in a broader context because it exemplifies many of the political and ideological dichotomies that characterized this period. With the Christian Democrats at the helm of the Italian government and the powerful opposition of the Communists, the Italian women's associations developed and used creative negotiation strategies to advance their visions of womanhood in a new era. They applied similar practices in their international work.
This engaging, well-documented book draws on new and original material from archival collections and oral histories to develop a critical understanding of the important but often overlooked period in women's activism between the 1940s and 1970s.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36154
- 2014-05-29Jazz, Rock, and Rebels: Cold War Politics and American Culture in a Divided Germany (repost)
- 2010-04-10Jazz, Rock, and Rebels: Cold War Politics and American Culture in a Divided Germany (Studies on the History of Society and Culture)
- 2018-11-21American Labor and the Cold War Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2018-10-13Sex, Spies, Gadgets, and Secrets The Women of the Cold War (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought Fourth Serie)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Jimmy Carter in Africa: Race and the Cold War (Cold War International History Project)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Envisioning Socialism: Television and the Cold War in the German Democratic Republic (Social History, Popular Culture, and Politics in Germany) [German]
- 2017-12-22[PDF] American Labor and the Cold War: Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Accommodation and Resistance: The French Left, Indochina and the Cold War, 1944-1954 (Contributions to the Study of World History) [French]
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party: Domestic fascist networks and their effect on U.S. cold war politics
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Open Mind: Cold War Politics and the Sciences of Human Nature
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Accommodation and Resistance: The French Left, Indochina and the Cold War, 1944-1954 (Contributions to the Study of World History) [French]
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Open Mind: Cold War Politics and the Sciences of Human Nature
- 2013-05-13Women and the Great War: Femininity under Fire in Italy (Italian and Italian American Studies) (repost)
- 2012-05-11Mig-21: Cold War Warrior
- 2011-07-10Women and the Great War: Femininity under Fire in Italy (Italian and Italian American Studies) - Removed
- 2011-04-26The Greater Middle East and the Cold War: US Foreign Policy Under Eisenhower and Kennedy (Library of International Relations)
- 2011-03-19Women and the Great War: Femininity under Fire in Italy (Italian and Italian American Studies) - Removed
- 2009-07-13American Labor and the Cold War: Grassroots Politics and Postwar Political Culture
- 2019-05-06Black Women and International Law Deliberate Interactions, Movements and Actions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.