Author: Dr. Federiga Bindi
Publisher: Brookings Institution Press And The Italian National School Of Public Administration
Posted on 2011-12-29, by sharebookfree.
Italy and the European Union (Brookings-Sspa Series on Public Administration)
Dr. Federiga Bindi | Brookings Institution Press And The Italian National School Of Public Administration | 2011 | 246 | English | PDF
Federiga Bindi provides, for the first time, an in-depth analysis of Italy's role within the European Union (EU) in this inaugural volume of a book series published jointly by the Brookings Institution Press and the Scuola Superiore della Pubblica Amministrazione (Italian National School of Public Administration, or SSPA). Italy and the European Union relates in detail the historical, cultural, and sociological factors that have led to Italy's incomplete "Europeanization," or full integration, within the EU. It also brings the reader up-to-date on the steps taken by the country's leaders to improve Italy's standing and become a more effective member in the organization it helped to found.
Discussing the author's extensive research, The Economist notes . . . .
"Federiga Bindi identified a number of barriers to an effective European policy in Italy: a high turnover of governments; coalition partners with conflicting aims; the failure of bureaucrats to learn from other member states; and politicians' lack of interest in Europe . . . recently however, she found that matters had improved. An interdepartmental body for the coordination of EU policies has been created, Parliament operates an effective scrutiny system . . . , the administration has learnt to learn from others. But the other problems remain, and they are formidable. Her study ends on an exasperated note: 'Italy appears to be stuck in the age of the Guelphs and the Ghibellines, in which the victory of one faction over another is what counts, and the fact that this may be damaging to the country matters little.'"
—from The Economist, July 31, 2010
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 16520
- 2011-09-05Italy and the European Union
- 2011-09-05Italy and the European Union
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Genetically Modified Organisms: Restrictions in 23 Countries and the European Union (Food Science and Technology)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Air Transport and the European Union: Europeanization and its Limits (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Air Transport and the European Union: Europeanization and its Limits (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics)
- 2014-06-04The Globalization of Energy: China and the European Union
- 2014-06-04Secure Oil and Alternative Energy: The Geopolitics of Energy Paths of China and the European Union
- 2014-04-20Evolutionary Economic Geography: Location of production and the European Union
- 2013-09-16Criminal Proceedings, Languages and the European Union: Linguistic and Legal Issues
- 2012-04-21Hungarian Borderlands: From the Habsburg Empire to the Axis Alliance, the Warsaw Pact, and the European Union
- 2012-03-20Environmental and Health Regulation in the United States and the European Union: Protecting Public and Planet - Removed
- 2012-03-18Britain and the European Union
- 2011-09-30Public Services and the European Union: Healthcare, Health Insurance and Education Services (Legal Issues of Services of General Interest) free ebook download
- 2011-08-13Families and the European Union: Law, Politics and Pluralism
- 2011-07-09Treaty Conflict and the European Union
- 2011-07-01Naples and Napoleon: Southern Italy and the European Revolutions, 1780-1860
- 2011-05-25International Trade and Economic Law and the European Union
- 2010-12-22Ioannis N. Grigoriadis - Trials of Europeanization: Turkish Political Culture and the European Union
- 2010-07-13Albania and the European Union: The Tumultuous Journey Towards Integration and Accession
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.