Author: Dusa McDuff and Dietmar Salamon
Publisher: American Mathematical Society
Posted on 2011-08-07, by sharebookfree.
J-Holomorphic Curves and Quantum Cohomology (University Lecture Series)
Dusa McDuff and Dietmar Salamon | American Mathematical Society | 1994-07-07 | 209 pages | English | DJVU
$J$-holomorphic curves revolutionized the study of symplectic geometry when Gromov first introduced them in 1985. Through quantum cohomology, these curves are now linked to many of the most exciting new ideas in mathematical physics. This book presents the first coherent and full account of the theory of $J$-holomorphic curves, the details of which are presently scattered in various research papers. The first half of the book is an expository account of the field, explaining the main technical aspects. McDuff and Salamon give complete proofs of Gromov's compactness theorem for spheres and of the existence of the Gromov-Witten invariants. The second half of the book focuses on the definition of quantum cohomology. The authors establish that this multiplication exists, and give a new proof of the Ruan-Tian result that is associative on appropriate manifolds. They then describe the Givental-Kim calculation of the quantum cohomology of flag manifolds, leading to quantum Chern classes and Witten's calculation for Grassmannians, which relates to the Verlinde algebra. The Dubrovin connection, Gromov-Witten potential on quantum cohomology, and curve counting formulas are also discussed. The book closes with an outline of connections to Floer theory.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 12799
- 2012-06-13J-Holomorphic Curves and Quantum Cohomology (repost)
- 2011-06-14J-Holomorphic Curves and Quantum Cohomology
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Koszul Cohomology and Algebraic Geometry (University Lecture Series)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Knots and Quantum Gravity (Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Knots and Quantum Gravity (Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications)
- 2012-08-13Knots and Quantum Gravity (Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications) by John C. Baez (Repost)
- 2011-11-19Grobner Bases and Convex Polytopes (University Lecture Series, No. 8)
- 2011-04-22Knots and Quantum Gravity (Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications) by John C. Baez
- 2010-08-15Dusa McDuff, Dietmar Salamon - J-holomorphic Curves and Symplectic Topology
- 2009-09-06J-holomorphic Curves and Symplectic Topology (Colloquium Publications (Amer Mathematical Society))
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Harmonic Measure: Geometric and Analytic Points of View (University Lecture Series)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Combinatorial Constructions in Ergodic Theory and Dynamics (University Lecture Series)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Ricci Flow and Geometrization of 3-Manifolds (University Lecture Series)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Path Integrals and Quantum Anomalies (The International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Heat Kernel and Quantum Gravity (Springer Lecture Notes in Physics Monographs)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Path Integrals and Quantum Anomalies (The International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- 2013-11-07Yang-Baxter Equation and Quantum Enveloping Algebras (Advanced Series on Theoretical Physical Science)
- 2012-02-24Basic Bundle Theory and K-Cohomology Invariants (Lecture Notes in Physics) - Dale Husemoller
- 2012-01-15Basic Bundle Theory and K-Cohomology Invariants (Lecture Notes in Physics) - Dale Husemoller
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.