Posted on 2012-06-13. By anonymous.
American Mathematical Society | July 28, 1994 | ISBN-10: 0821803328 | 209 pages | DJVU | 1.9 Mb
$J$-holomorphic curves revolutionized the study of symplectic geometry when Gromov first introduced them in 1985. Through quantum cohomology, these curves are now linked to many of the most exciting new ideas in mathematical physics. This book presents the first coherent and full account of the theory of $J$-holomorphic curves, the details of which are presently scattered in various research papers. The first half of the book is an expository account of the field, explaining the main technical aspects. McDuff and Salamon give complete proofs of Gromov's compactness theorem for spheres and of the existence of the Gromov-Witten invariants. The second half of the book focuses on the definition of quantum cohomology. The authors establish that this multiplication exists, and give a new proof of the Ruan-Tian result that is associative on appropriate manifolds. They then describe the Givental-Kim calculation of the quantum cohomology of flag manifolds, leading to quantum Chern classes and Witten's calculation for Grassmannians, which relates to the Verlinde algebra. The Dubrovin connection, Gromov-Witten potential on quantum cohomology, and curve counting formulas are also discussed. The book closes with an outline of connections to Floer theory.
- Ebooks list page : 18956
- 2011-08-07J-Holomorphic Curves and Quantum Cohomology (University Lecture Series)
- 2011-06-14J-Holomorphic Curves and Quantum Cohomology
- 2013-01-12Lectures on Algebraic Geometry II: Basic Concepts, Coherent Cohomology, Curves and their Jacobians [Repost]
- 2014-06-03Quantum Gravity and Quantum Cosmology (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-05-22Quantum Triangulations: Moduli Spaces, Strings, and Quantum Computing [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-05-09Analytical Mechanics for Relativity and Quantum Mechanics [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-05-05The Light Fantastic: A Modern Introduction to Classical and Quantum Optics [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-05-03Introduction to Random Time and Quantum Randomness (repost)
- 2014-04-18Principles of Laser Spectroscopy and Quantum Optics (Repost)
- 2014-04-16Modern Many-Particle Physics: Atomic Gases, Quantum Dots and Quantum Fluids (Repost)
- 2014-04-14Nonlinear Waves: Classical and Quantum Aspects [Repost]
- 2014-04-10An Introduction to Hilbert Space and Quantum Logic (Repost)
- 2014-04-06Analytical Mechanics for Relativity and Quantum Mechanics (repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-05The Light Fantastic: A Modern Introduction to Classical and Quantum Optics (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-05Kinks and Domain Walls: An Introduction to Classical and Quantum Solitons (Repost)
- 2014-03-18Molecules, Crystals and Quantum Statistics (Repost)
- 2014-03-14Quantum Triangulations: Moduli Spaces, Strings, and Quantum Computing (repost) - Removed
- 2014-03-11The Universe: A View from Classical and Quantum Gravity [Repost]
- 2014-03-10Superconductivity in Nanowires: Fabrication and Quantum Transport [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.