Posted on 2009-05-07. By anonymous.
Jessica Kingsley Publishers | 2007 | ISBN: 1843108518 | Pages: 253 | PDF | 1.04 MB
When Jan Campito first entered the world of special needs, she trusted the experts to tell her what was wrong, and how to proceed to help her children. Here she was, an articulate, well-educated person, usually confident in navigating whatever situations were required, and yet she became passive and trusting when it came to assuming people would tell her what was wrong with her children's development and what to do to help them. As she realized more and more that no one else was stepping into the lead position to obtain appropriate help for her children, she realized that she needed to take on that responsibility. Since then, she has learnt to take an active role in advocating for her children, and helping meet their needs. From procuring evaluations, to understanding what the diagnoses mean, to selecting therapies and therapists, to following through on therapies at home and targeting needs to be addressed, to helping formulate IEPs, and to monitoring and intervening in their school settings, she has become a comprehensive advocate for her children with special needs, and in this book, Jan shares with other parents some of her experiences and some of what she has learnt in the process.
Thanks to original uploader!
To see all of them use eBooks category.
If you enjoy my books look at my AvaxHome Blog
- Ebooks list page : 2772
- 2010-01-10Single Parenting - Becoming The Best Parent For Your Child
- 2019-06-04Parenting Your Child with Autism Practical Solutions, Strategies, and Advice for H...
- 2017-11-01Parenting Kids With OCD: A Guide to Understanding and Supporting Your Child With OCD
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Parenting Your Child with ADHD: A No-Nonsense Guide for Nurturing Self-Reliance and Cooperation
- 2013-02-03Parenting Your Child with ADHD: A No-Nonsense Guide for Nurturing Self-Reliance and Cooperation
- 2009-06-02The Complete IEP Guide: How to Advocate for Your Special Ed Child, 4th Edition
- 2019-08-24The Big Book of Parenting Solutions 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries (...
- 2019-08-23How to Stop Losing Your Sht with Your Kids A Practical Guide to Becoming a Calmer, Happier Parent
- 2019-07-15^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read Raising Ryland: Our Story of Parenting a Transgender Child with No Strings Attached by Hillary Whittington Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2019-01-24Parenting an Adult with Disabilities or Special Needs Everything You Need to Know to Plan for and
- 2019-01-15Parenting an Adult with Disabilities or Special Needs Everything You Need to Know to Plan for and Pr
- 2019-01-08Parenting an Adult with Disabilities or Special Needs Everything You Need to Know to Plan for and...
- 2018-11-24Bare Minimum Parenting The Ultimate Guide to Not Quite Ruining Your Child
- 2018-11-21Accidental Herod Becoming a Leader You Can Live With
- 2018-11-13Leadership from the Inside Out Becoming a Leader for Life
- 2018-11-13Bare Minimum Parenting The Ultimate Guide to Not Quite Ruining Your Child [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-18Becoming a Strategic Leader Your Role in Your Organization's Enduring Success
- 2018-08-26Becoming a Strategic Leader Your Role in Your Organization's Enduring Success
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Screen-Smart Parenting: How to Find Balance and Benefit in Your Child's Use of Social Media, Apps, and Digital Devices
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.