Tag: Solution Manual
Posted on 2013-05-14, by tactools.
John Bunyan - Pilgrims Progress| Size : 166.20 MBThe Pilgrim's Progress [Unabridged] [Audible Audio Edition]
by John Bunyan (Author)
Max McLean (Narrator)
'As I slept, I dreamed a dream.'
So begins one of the most beloved books in all of history. Few books besides the Bible have been translated, printed, and read as often as The Pilgrim's Progress. John Bunyan's classic allegory of Christian, the Pilgrim, on his perilous journey to the Celestial City has touched hearts and minds for more than 300 years, and still the demand continues.
A new generation can now discover this memorable story, filled with unforgettable characters: Evangelist, Charity, Hypocrisy, Goodwill, Obstinate, and Mr. Worldly Wiseman. Each one offers a unique insight into the Christian life - its joys and trials, its opportunities and struggles. You'll discover The Pilgrim's Progress to be both challenging and entertaining.?2007 Max McLean; (P)2007 Max McLean
5.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrim's Progress in a Reader-Friendly Format, December 30, 2000 By Paula Hansen (Brenham, TX) -
This review is from: The Pilgrim's Progress in Modern English (Pure Gold Classic) (Pure Gold Classics) (Paperback)
I have not only recently read, but also studied, Part I of L. Edward Hazelbaker's unabridged revision of John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. Last summer I taught Pilgrim's Progress in my elementary Sunday School class and I wish I would have known of this book then. I have also done a college level research paper on Pilgrim's Progress. Not only does Hazelbaker make Pilgrim's Progress reader-friendly, he includes Bunyan's annotations in the text, as well as many annotations of his own. The annotations help the reader to experience more than a pilgrimage with Christian to Celestial City, but an in-depth Bible study as well. Other features the book includes are a brief description of Bunyan's life, a comparison outline of events in Parts I and II, and an index.
Access to Bunyan's scripture references gives the serious reader the opportunity to better his or her understanding of Bunyan's work while Hazelbaker's references and annotations also compliment the text. Hazelbaker, for example, elaborates on the importance of the seal that a Shining One (an angel) places upon Christian's forehead and on the Document given to him. Hazelbaker also offers his audience a clear and detailed understanding of the "Family" that resides in the palace called Beautiful. The reader will appreciate Hazelbaker's explanation of Bunyan's reference to 'the goods of Rome' at Vanity Fair and why it would have been significant to the first readers of The Pilgrim's Progress. Hazelbaker also takes the time to explain to the reader why he uses the word "coat" for "bosom." These are only a few of the many helpful annotations Hazelbaker includes in his work.
In studying Hazelbaker's translation I referred to an early edition of Bunyan's several times. Each time I found Hazelbaker's translation true to Bunyan. Hazelbaker has made special effort to maintain the characteristic qualities and message of Bunyan's original work. In the translation process, he manages to preserve Bunyan's work by keeping himself removed from the text. This is his duty and obligation as a translator. His translation is, in all honesty, unabridged and non-paraphrased.
Of the 215 pages I have studied to date, I have found only one minor word choice in Hazelbaker's translation that I wish he would not have made. He translates Bunyan's "cartloads" with "truckloads" in the Swamp of Despondence episode. Although, by definition, "truckloads" is acceptable, it too easily causes confusion for the modern reader who thinks of pickups and tractor-trailers when he reads "truckloads." This is certainly a minor concern, but I mention it in an effort to objective.
Hazelbaker has done an exceptional job of making Bunyan's beautiful classic more appealing to the modern audience. This unabridged version is suitable for readers from middle and upper elementary ages to adults. I am glad to see that Hazelbaker has taken the time and made the effort to offer his audience a version of Pilgrim's Progress that is not watered-down and compromised. It definitely deserves a place in any library
Please remember to seed for 48 hours. !
http://extabit.com/file/28ckyeptdxrsp/20131450231_38981.rar ================================================================ http://rapidgator.net/file/52f0983ddf3690d99f92a83e62dc818f/20131450231_38981.rar.html ================================================================ http://uploaded.net/file/olz1fm3o/20131450231_38981.rar
- Ebooks list page : 22221
- 2010-10-25The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan PDF
- 2019-07-06The Pilgrims Progress 2019 720p WEBRip 800MB x264-GalaxyRG
- 2019-07-05The Pilgrims Progress 2019 1080p AMZN WEB-DL DDP5 1 H264-CMRG
- 2019-07-05The Pilgrims Progress 2019 HDRip AC3 x264-CMRG
- 2019-07-05The Pilgrims Progress 2019 HDRip XviD AC3-EVO
- 2018-01-23[PDF] John Bunyan's Poetry: Divine Emblems
- 2018-01-23[PDF] John Bunyan's Poetry: Divine Emblems
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Graceful Reading: Theology and Narrative in the Works of John Bunyan
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Graceful Reading: Theology and Narrative in the Works of John Bunyan
- 2013-04-16Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners - John Bunyan
- 2010-03-27Michael Davies - Graceful Reading: Theology and Narrative in the Works of John Bunyan
- 2010-02-04The Pilgrims Progress
- 2012-02-13Primate Biogeography: Progress and Prospects - John G. Fleagle
- 2012-01-13Primate Biogeography: Progress and Prospects - John G. Fleagle
- 2012-01-13Rethinking Green Politics: Nature, Virtue and Progress (SAGE Politics Texts series) - John Barry
- 2012-01-06Rethinking Green Politics: Nature, Virtue and Progress (SAGE Politics Texts series) - John Barry
- 2012-01-05Treaties and Alliances of the World - John Harper Publishing
- 2012-01-04Java Database Programming Bible - John O'Donahue
- 2011-12-23Toward a Common European Union Energy Policy: Problems, Progress, and Prospects - John S. Duffield And Vicki L. Birchfield
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.