Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2009-09-13. By anonymous.
By Robert F. Nagel
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA | 208 pages | 1996-04-11 | ISBN: 0195106628 | English | PDF | 9.63 MB
In this highly original book, Robert Nagel demonstrates how contemporary constitutional politics relate to the moral character of American culture. He argues persuasively that judicial decisions reflect wider social tendencies towards moral evasiveness, privatization, and opportunism. Constitutional interpretation, he urges, is often an effort to stifle political disagreement and, ultimately, to censor our own beliefs and traditions. Nagel ranges over such controversial topics as the confirmation hearings of Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork, local resistance to abortion rights, political correctness on campus, and judicial decisions dealing with pornography, flag burning, gay rights, school prayer, and racial desegregation.
- Ebooks list page : 3450
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-09-05Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-01-17Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2010-05-14Legislative Deferrals: Statutory Ambiguity, Judicial Power, and American Democracy
- 2009-02-12Judicial Power and National Politics: Courts and Gender in the Religious-Secular Conflict in Israel
- 2017-10-13[PDF] American Politicians Confront the Court: Opposition Politics and Changing Responses to Judicial Power
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Rise and Decline of the American 'Empire': Power and its Limits in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-09[PDF] An American Utopia: Dual Power and the Universal Army
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Keeping the Republic: Power and Citizenship in American Politics, the Essentials
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Ads, Fads, and Consumer Culture: Advertising's Impact on American Character and Society
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Black Power Movement and American Social Work
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power
- 2017-12-16[PDF] What Good Is Grand Strategy?: Power and Purpose in American Statecraft from Harry S. Truman to George W. Bush
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Shrinking Violets and Caspar Milquetoasts: Shyness, Power, and Intimacy in the United States, 1950-1995 (The American Social Experience)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Lawyering for the Rule of Law: Government Lawyers and the Rise of Judicial Power in Israel (Cambridge Studies in Constitutional Law)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Contested Democracy: Freedom, Race, and Power in American History
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.