Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2009-09-13. By anonymous.
By Robert F. Nagel
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA | 208 pages | 1996-04-11 | ISBN: 0195106628 | English | PDF | 9.63 MB
In this highly original book, Robert Nagel demonstrates how contemporary constitutional politics relate to the moral character of American culture. He argues persuasively that judicial decisions reflect wider social tendencies towards moral evasiveness, privatization, and opportunism. Constitutional interpretation, he urges, is often an effort to stifle political disagreement and, ultimately, to censor our own beliefs and traditions. Nagel ranges over such controversial topics as the confirmation hearings of Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork, local resistance to abortion rights, political correctness on campus, and judicial decisions dealing with pornography, flag burning, gay rights, school prayer, and racial desegregation.
- Ebooks list page : 3450
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-09-05Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-01-17Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2010-05-14Legislative Deferrals: Statutory Ambiguity, Judicial Power, and American Democracy
- 2009-02-12Judicial Power and National Politics: Courts and Gender in the Religious-Secular Conflict in Israel
- 2017-10-13[PDF] American Politicians Confront the Court: Opposition Politics and Changing Responses to Judicial Power
- 2018-05-10The American Era Power and Strategy for the 21st Century
- 2018-04-13Capitalism and its Discontents Power and Accumulation in Latin-American Culture
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Rise of the Arab American Left: Activists, Allies, and Their Fight against Imperialism and Racism, 1960s-1980s (Justice, Power, and Politics)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Third Wave Capitalism: How Money, Power, and the Pursuit of Self-Interest Have Imperiled the American Dream
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Power and the Ruling Classes in Northeast Brazil: Juazeiro and Petrolina in Transition (Cambridge Latin American Studies)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Rise and Decline of the American 'Empire': Power and its Limits in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-09[PDF] An American Utopia: Dual Power and the Universal Army
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Keeping the Republic: Power and Citizenship in American Politics, the Essentials
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Ads, Fads, and Consumer Culture: Advertising's Impact on American Character and Society
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Black Power Movement and American Social Work
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Private Empire: ExxonMobil and American Power
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.