Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2009-09-13. By anonymous.
By Robert F. Nagel
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA | 208 pages | 1996-04-11 | ISBN: 0195106628 | English | PDF | 9.63 MB
In this highly original book, Robert Nagel demonstrates how contemporary constitutional politics relate to the moral character of American culture. He argues persuasively that judicial decisions reflect wider social tendencies towards moral evasiveness, privatization, and opportunism. Constitutional interpretation, he urges, is often an effort to stifle political disagreement and, ultimately, to censor our own beliefs and traditions. Nagel ranges over such controversial topics as the confirmation hearings of Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork, local resistance to abortion rights, political correctness on campus, and judicial decisions dealing with pornography, flag burning, gay rights, school prayer, and racial desegregation.
- Ebooks list page : 3450
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-09-05Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2011-01-17Judicial Power and American Character: Censoring Ourselves in an Anxious Age
- 2010-05-14Legislative Deferrals: Statutory Ambiguity, Judicial Power, and American Democracy
- 2009-02-12Judicial Power and National Politics: Courts and Gender in the Religious-Secular Conflict in Israel
- 2017-10-13[PDF] American Politicians Confront the Court: Opposition Politics and Changing Responses to Judicial Power
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Organized Crime and American Power: A History
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Constitutional Revolutions: Pragmatism and the Role of Judicial Review in American Constitutionalism
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush
- 2017-10-24[PDF] A Sacred Union of Citizens: George Washington's Farewell Address and the American Character
- 2017-10-24[PDF] American Constitutional Law, Volume I: Sources of Power and Restraint
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Character of God: Recovering the Lost Literary Power of American Protestantism (Religion in America)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy (American Empire Project)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] American Character: A History of the Epic Struggle Between Individual Liberty and the Common Good
- 2017-10-09[PDF] American Presidential Power and the War on Terror: Does the Constitution Matter?
- 2017-10-07[PDF] A Taste of Power: Food and American Identities (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Gizmos or: The Electronic Imperative: How Digital Devices have Transformed American Character and Culture
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Federalist Papers and Institutional Power In American Political Development
- 2017-10-04[PDF] A Power Stronger Than Itself: The AACM and American Experimental Music
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.