Posted on 2018-05-13, by nokia241186.
Knowledge in Risk Assessment and Management
Wiley | English | 2018 | ISBN-10: 1119317894 | 360 pages | EPUB | 10.34 MB
by Terje Aven (Editor), Enrico Zio (Editor)
Exciting new developments in risk assessment and management
Risk assessment and management is fundamentally founded on the knowledge available on the system or process under consideration. While this may be self-evident to the laymen, thought leaders within the risk community have come to recognize and emphasize the need to explicitly incorporate knowledge (K) in a systematic, rigorous, and transparent framework for describing and modeling risk.
Featuring contributions by an international team of researchers and respected practitioners in the field, this book explores the latest developments in the ongoing effort to use risk assessment as a means for characterizing knowledge and/or lack of knowledge about a system or process of interest. By offering a fresh perspective on risk assessment and management, the book represents a significant contribution to the development of a sturdier foundation for the practice of risk assessment and for risk-informed decision making.
How should K be described and evaluated in risk assessment? How can it be reflected and taken into account in formulating risk management strategies? With the help of numerous case studies and real-world examples, this book answers these and other critical questions at the heart of modern risk assessment, while identifying many practical challenges associated with this explicit framework.
This book, written by international scholars and leaders in the field, and edited to make coverage both conceptually advanced and highly accessible:
Offers a systematic, rigorous and transparent perspective and framework on risk assessment and management, explicitly strengthening the links between knowledge and risk
Clearly and concisely introduces the key risk concepts at the foundation of risk assessment and management
Features numerous cases and real-world examples, many of which focused on various engineering applications across an array of industries
Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Management is a must-read for risk assessment and management professionals, as well as graduate students, researchers and educators in the field. It is also of interest to policy makers and business people who are eager to gain a better understanding of the foundations and boundaries of risk assessment, and how its outcomes should be used for decision-making.
About the Author
TERJE AVEN, PhD is Professor in Risk Analysis and Risk Management at the University of Stavanger, Norway. He is Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Risk and Reliability, the Chairman of the European Safety and Reliability Association and President-Elect of the Society for Risk Analysis.
ENRICO ZIO, PhD is Director of the Chair on Systems Science and the Energetic Challenge of the Foundation Electricite' de France, at the Laboratoire de Genie Industriel (LGI), CentraleSupÃ©lec, Universite' Paris-Saclay, France, and full professor of the Department of Energy and President of the Alumni Association at Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36174
- 2018-05-09Knowledge in Risk Assessment and Management
- 2019-01-31Environmental Risk Assessment and Management from a Landscape Perspective
- 2019-01-30Security Risk Assessment and Management A Professional Practice Guide for Protecting Buildings an
- 2019-01-23Environmental Risk Assessment and Management from a Landscape Perspective
- 2018-12-04A Clinician's Guide to Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
- 2018-07-14Nanotoxicology Toxicity Evaluation, Risk Assessment and Management
- 2018-05-31Risk Assessment and Management
- 2018-05-28Risk Assessment and Management
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Environmental Mycology in Public Health: Fungi and Mycotoxins Risk Assessment and Management
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Environmental and Health Risk Assessment and Management: Principles and Practices (Environmental Pollution) - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Violence Risk - Assessment and Management: Advances Through Structured Professional Judgement and Sequential Redirections
- 2017-11-01Invasive Species: Risk Assessment and Management
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Risk Assessment and Management in Pervasive Computing: Operational, Legal, Ethical, and Financial Perspectives (Premier Reference Source)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Dangerous Patients: A Psychodynamic Approach to Risk Assessment and Management (Forensic Psychotherapy Monograph Series)
- 2017-01-04[PDF] Environmental Mycology in Public Health: Fungi and Mycotoxins Risk Assessment and Management
- 2014-06-06Risk Assessment and Management in Pervasive Computing: Operational, Legal, Ethical, and Financial Perspective (repost)
- 2014-05-27Violence Risk - Assessment and Management
- 2014-05-05Violence Risk - Assessment and Management
- 2013-10-10Risk Assessment and Management in the Networked Economy (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.