Posted on 2011-07-10. By anonymous.
Publisher: S///ger | 2011 | ISBN: 3642202268 | PDF | 261 pages | 3.7 MB
The digital age has had a profound effect on our cultural heritage and the academic research that studies it. Staggering amounts of objects, many of them of a textual nature, are being digitised to make them more readily accessible to both experts and laypersons. Besides a vast potential for more effective and efficient preservation, management, and presentation, digitisation offers opportunities to work with cultural heritage data in ways that were never feasible or even imagined.
To explore and exploit these possibilities, an interdisciplinary approach is needed, bringing together experts from cultural heritage, the social sciences and humanities on the one hand, and information technology on the other. Due to a prevalence of textual data in these domains, language technology has a crucial role to play in this endeavour. Language technology can break through the "Google barrier" by offering the potential to analyse texts at advanced levels, extracting information and knowledge at the level of the humanities or social sciences researcher, who wants to know about the who, what, where, and when, but also the how and the why. At the same time cultural heritage data poses considerable challenges for existing language technology: technology aimed at "generic" language has to face such disparate problems as historical language variation, OCR digitisation errors, and near-extinct academic expertise.
This book is primarily intended for researchers in information technology and language processing who would like to receive a state-of-the-art overview of the whole breadth of the new and vibrant field of language technology for cultural heritage and its associated academic research in the humanities and social sciences. Researchers working in the target domains of cultural heritage, the social sciences and humanities will also find this book useful, as it provides an overview of how language technology can help them with their information needs. The book covers applications ranging from pre-processing and data cleaning, to the adaptation and compilation of linguistic resources, to personalisation, narrative analysis, visualisation and retrieval.
PLEASE INFORM ME IF LINKS ARE DEAD
- Ebooks list page : 12283
- 2011-11-23Language Technology for Cultural Heritage: Selected Papers from the LaTeCH Workshop Series (Theory and Applications of Natural Language Processing)
- 2011-07-27Language Technology for Cultural Heritage: Selected Papers from the LaTeCH Workshop Series (Theory and Applications of Natural Language Processing)
- 2018-05-10Signed Language Interpretation and Translation Research Selected Papers from the First International Symposium
- 2018-03-20Signed Language Interpretation and Translation Research: Selected Papers from the First Internationa...
- 2012-01-11Hydrocephalus: Selected Papers from the International Workshop in Crete, 2010
- 2010-04-12Recent Advances in Computational Sciences: Selected Papers from the International Workshop on Computational Sciences and Its Education; Beijing, China 29-31 August 2005
- 2012-01-02Language, Vision, and Music: Selected Papers from the 8th International Workshop on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Galway, Ireland 1999 - International Workshop On The Cognitive Science Of Natural Language Press
- 2011-12-23Language and Literacies: Selected papers from the Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics held at the University of Manchest
- 2018-12-28Sustainable Building for a Cleaner Environment Selected Papers from the World Renewable Energy Network's Med Green Forum 2017 (Innovative Renewable Energy)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] History of Linguistics 2005: Selected Papers from the Tenth International Conference on the History of the Language Sciences (ICHOLS X), 1-5 September ... in the History of the Language Sciences)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Machine Learning for Cyber Physical Systems: Selected papers from the International Conference ML4CPS 2016 (Technologien fur die intelligente Automation)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Spectral and High Order Methods for Partial Differential Equations ICOSAHOM 2014: Selected papers from the ICOSAHOM conference, June 23-27, 2014, Salt ... in Computational Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Spectral and High Order Methods for Partial Differential Equations: Selected papers from the ICOSAHOM '09 conference, June 22-26, Trondheim, Norway ... in Computational Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2013-10-26Digital Preservation Technology for Cultural Heritage
- 2011-11-22Communication Systems and Information Technology: Selected Papers from the 2011 International Conference on Electric and Electronics (EEIC 2011) in ... 4 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- 2011-08-13Communication Systems and Information Technology: Selected Papers from the 2011
- 2011-06-29History of Linguistics 1999: Selected Papers from the Eighth International Conference on the History of the Language Sciences, 14-19 September 1999, Fontenay-st.cloud (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2011-06-11MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION AND VALUE CREATION - SELECTED PAPERS FROM THE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
- 2010-01-25History of Linguistics 2002: Selected Papers from the Ninth International Conference on the History of the Language Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.