Author: Mariana Legu?a
Posted on 2011-07-09, by LionFar.
|Title:Latin America at the Crossroads: Architectural Design
|Description:Guest-editor Mariana Legu a
The announcement of Rio de Janeiro as the 2016 Olympic host city has placed Latin America on the world's stage. Latin America has not been the centre of international architectural attention and pilgrimage since the mid 20th century when economic growth triggered the development of Modernist urban design and architecture on an epic scale. Since then the centralised, utopian planned model has broken down. Mass migrations from the countryside and erection of informal settlements have left cities socially and spatially divided. Within this context and in the mist of globalization Latin America is set to go though major change once again.
In recent decades, resourceful governments and practices have developed innovative approaches to urban design and development, less to do with the utopian and totalitarian schemes and more to do with "urban acupuncture", working within rather than denying the framework of informality to stitch together disparate parts of the city.
This title of AD will explore the current urban issues faced by Latin American cities and the response of alternative local practitioners at different scales. Large-scale urban case studies, such as the revitalisation of Bogota and Medellin, will be featured alongside architectural practices, research-based organisations and university studios working at a grass-roots level.
Contributors include: Saskia Sassen, Hernando de Soto, Ricky Burdett and Bogota ex-mayor Enrique Pe alosa.
Featured architects: Teddy Cruz, UTT-Urban Think-Tank, Jorge Jauregui, Alejandro Echeverri, MMBB and Alejandro Aravena.
| Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
Download from UPLOADING
- Ebooks list page : 12255
- 2011-09-22Latin America at the Crossroads: Architectural Design
- 2011-07-09Latin America at the Crossroads: Architectural Design
- 2011-07-05Latin America at the Crossroads: Architectural Design
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Latin America at the Crossroads
- 2019-01-31Viability and Sustainability of Small-Scale Fisheries in Latin America and The Caribbean - Removed
- 2019-01-15Sustainable Development of Biofuels in Latin America and the Caribbean - Removed
- 2019-01-09Sustainable Development of Biofuels in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-11-22Discourses from Latin America and the Caribbean Current Concepts and Challenges 1st ed. 2019 Edition
- 2018-10-07Latin America Confronts the United States Asymmetry and Influence
- 2018-08-16North-South University Research Partnerships in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-07-29North-South University Research Partnerships in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-07-08North-South University Research Partnerships in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-02-01[PDF] An Integrated Systems Model for Preventing Child Sexual Abuse: Perspectives from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Achieving Effective Social Protection for All in Latin America and the Caribbean: From Right to Reality (Directions in Development)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Impact Evaluation of Small and Medium Enterprise Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Job Creation in Latin America and the Caribbean: Recent Trends and Policy Challenges (Latin American Development Forum)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Beyond Geopolitics: New Histories of Latin America at the League of Nations
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Last Colonial Massacre: Latin America in the Cold War, Updated Edition
- 2017-12-19[PDF] A Short History of U.S. Interventions in Latin America and the Caribbean (Viewpoints / Puntos de Vista)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.