Posted on 2018-04-28, by nokia241186.
Latin American State Building in Comparative Perspective: Social Foundations of Institutional Order by Marcus J. Kurtz
English | 2013 | ISBN: 0521766443, 0521747317 | 286 pages | PDF | 4 MB
Latin American State Building in Comparative Perspective provides an account of long-run institutional development in Latin America that emphasizes the social and political foundations of state-building processes. The study argues that societal dynamics have path-dependent consequences at two critical points: the initial consolidation of national institutions in the wake of independence, and at the time when the "social question" of mass political incorporation forced its way into the national political agenda across the region during the Great Depression. Dynamics set into motion at these points in time have produced widely varying and stable distributions of state capacity in the region. Marcus J. Kurtz tests this argument using structured comparisons of the post-independence political development of Chile, Peru, Argentina, and Uruguay.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36114
- 2011-11-09How Democracy Works: Political Institutions, Actors, and Arenas in Latin American Policymaking (Interamerican Development Bank)
- 2011-08-01How Democracy Works: Political Institutions, Actors, and Arenas in Latin American Policymaking (Interamerican Development Bank)
- 2011-03-01Democracy in Latin America: Political Change in Comparative Perspective
- 2009-12-24State-Building: A Comparative Study of Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, and Russia
- 2009-06-16Terrorism Financing and State Responses: A Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Politics of Pact-Making: Hungary's Negotiated Transition to Democracy in Comparative Perspective (Political Evolution and Institutional Change)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Shifting Frontiers of Citizenship: The Latin American Experience (International Comparative Social Studies)
- 2019-08-23Keeping the Promise of Social Security in Latin America (Latin American Development Forum)
- 2019-06-28Jobs for the Boys Patronage and the State in Comparative Perspective
- 2019-01-31Latin American Cinema A Comparative History
- 2019-01-30Social Inequalities in Comparative Perspective
- 2019-01-14Latin American Cinema A Comparative History
- 2018-12-24Discordant Notes: Marginality and Social Control in Madrid, 1850-1930 (Currents in Latin American and Iberian Music)
- 2018-11-14Cultures of Politics Politics of Cultures Re-Visioning Latin American Social Movements
- 2018-08-23Foreign policy in Comparative Perspective: Domestic and International Influences on State Behavior
- 2018-07-01A New Social Contract in a Latin American Education Context
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Maya Figurines: Intersections between State and Household (Latin American and Caribbean Arts and Culture)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Israel in History: The Jewish State in Comparative Perspective
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The U.S.-Mexican Border Today: Conflict and Cooperation in Historical Perspective (Latin American Silhouettes)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.