Posted on 2009-12-26. By anonymous.
Sage Publications, Inc | English | 2005-01-04 | ISBN: 076192924X | 248 pages | PDF | 1,5 MB
Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations is about exemplary leadership as found in both corporate and nonprofit organizations. The authors take a fresh approach to the study of leadership: they perform research in nonprofits both to understand and appreciate their complexities, and to reachconclusions about the nature of leadership in any context, including for-profit and governmental entities. Moving from nonprofit to for-profit in this way reverses the flow of ideas as represented in the mainstream literature of leadership. The authors' journey leads through case studies of remarkable leaders succeeding in complex situations. The book explores contemporary versions of leadership as embedded in American culture. It develops the concept of good fit between the leader and circumstances in which she or he must lead; it reveals predictable leadership dynamics and cycles; it explains how leaders can increase the readiness for change in their organizations; it describes the felt experience of "flow" when successful leaders are lost in the moment. Although each chapter employs a different lens, the object is the same throughout-leadership as the practice of alignment. The result is a multifaceted view of leadership as a complex system of shifting interrelationships that yields insights useful to students, researchers and leaders themselves.
Features and Benefits:
â€¢Critical review of literature on leadership which encourages diversity in leadership models and approaches.
â€¢Case studies of nonprofit leadership which affirm public-minded, mission-driven leaders and acknowledge their contributions.
â€¢Chapters on leadership constructs such as fit, dynamics, readiness and flow which provide useful insights and methods to enable success.
â€¢Overarching concept of alignment which reframes leadership as an active process where the awareness of and response to the interplay of multiple, relevant factors matters more than charisma, pedigree or power.
- Ebooks list page : 3851
- 2019-03-21Global Best Practices for CSO, NGO, and Other Nonprofit Boards Lessons From Around the World
- 2019-03-07Global Best Practices for CSO, NGO, and Other Nonprofit Boards Lessons From Around the World
- 2018-06-157 Leadership Lessons of D-Day Lessons from the Longest DayJune 6, 1944
- 2018-06-097 Leadership Lessons of D-Day Lessons from the Longest DayJune 6, 1944
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Leadership Genius of Julius Caesar: Modern Lessons from the Man Who Built an Empire
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Drucker on Leadership: New Lessons from the Father of Modern Management
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Rommel: Leadership Lessons from the Desert Fox
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Nelson's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Commander
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Wisdom of Alexander the Great: Enduring Leadership Lessons From the Man Who Created an Empire
- 2017-11-18[PDF] How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Wisdom of Walt: Leadership Lessons from the Happiest Place on Earth
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Leading at the Edge : Leadership Lessons from the Extraordinary Saga of Shackleton's Antarctic Expedition
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Mutiny and Its Bounty: Leadership Lessons from the Age of Discovery
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Leadership - Lessons from the Ancient World: How Learning from the Past Can Win You the Future
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Incarnate Leadership: 5 Leadership Lessons from the Life of Jesus
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Navy SEAL Art of War: Leadership Lessons from the World's Most Elite Fighting Force
- 2017-04-11[PDF] Fearless Leadership: High-Performance Lessons from the Flight Deck
- 2017-02-08[PDF] How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.