Posted on 2011-12-04. By anonymous.
Publisher: Dunod | 1972 | ISBN: N/A | French | PDF | 387 pages | 10.27 Mb
“Professor at "CollÃ¨ge de France", member and past Vice- President and President of the French Academy of Sciences, member, among several others, of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, past President of the International Mathematic Union from 1990 to 1994, Jacques- Louis Lions was born in Grasse, France on May 2nd, 1928 and died in Paris on May 17, 2001.
I got in contact with him for the first time in 1965 when I was working with Felix E. Browder in the United States on nonlinear hyperbolic partial differential equations. At that time, motivated in part by the fundamental contributions by Konrad JÃ¶rgens, Felix E. Browder and Irving Segal, that was a flowering research field. Simultaneously, Jacques-Louis Lions and Walter A. Strauss were also developing independently mathematical methods for boundary value problems for nonlinear hyperbolic partial differential equations. In October 27, 1965, he sent me a letter: "Browder showed me a pre-print of your paper on nonlinear wave equations. Could you kindly send me a copy of it, if available?", see . That became the starting point a strong friendship that lasted for 36 years.
By that time I had already read his fascinating paper in which he applied Functional Analysis and Schwartzâ€™s distributions to investigate boundary value problems for partial differential equations. That was precisely the mathematics I wanted to do.
From then on, we frequently exchanged letters on mathematical problems and also about the organization and orientation of Mathematics.
In 1971/72, with the support of Laurent Schwartz and Leopoldo Nachbin, I had the chance of visiting the "Laboratoire dâ€™Analyse NumÃ©rique de lâ€™UniversitÃ© de Paris VI", with a scholarship of the French Government. Lions was the Chairman of the Laboratoire at that time and I had the opportunity of meeting him personally and to attend his lectures in Jussieu. The first day I met him he introduced me to E. Magenes and offered me his book on "Les InÃ©quations en MÃ©canique et en Physique", in collaboration with G. Duvaut.”
- Ebooks list page : 15842
- 2011-12-06Les inÃ©quations en mÃ©canique et en physique
- 2011-11-16Franck LaloÃ« - Les SymÃ©tries En MÃ©canique Quantique: Notes de cours de dea
- 2013-08-21Bernard Lapeyre, MÃ©thodes de Monte-Carlo pour les Ã©quations de transport et de diffusion
- 2012-03-20Les Conquerants de Troy - T01 - Exil a Port Fleury - Booklover
- 2012-03-19Bloch 150,151,152,155,157,700 C1 (Les Ailes de Gloire #3)
- 2012-02-25Les Methodes de Monte-Carlo - Les Methodes De Monte
- 2012-02-09Chest Imaging: An Algorithmic Approach to Learning - Les R. Folio
- 2012-02-06Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Workbook for Men: Seven Questions to Ask Before—and After—You Marry - Les
- 2012-01-27Les Methodes de Monte-Carlo - Les Methodes De Monte
- 2012-01-27The Perfect Crime - Les Edgerton
- 2012-01-21Tourism and Transport: Issues and Agenda for the New Millennium - Les M. Lumsdon
- 2012-01-21Chest Imaging: An Algorithmic Approach to Learning - Les R. Folio
- 2012-01-14Appraising Teachers in Schools - Les Bell
- 2012-01-11Tourism and Transport: Issues and Agenda for the New Millennium - Les M. Lumsdon
- 2012-01-03Tourism and Transport: Issues and Agenda for the New Millennium - Les M. Lumsdon
- 2012-01-01Les Methodes de Monte-Carlo
- 2011-12-30Les Greffes Osseuses en Implantologie
- 2011-12-26Seguy E.A. - Les Fleurs et Leurs Applications Decoratives
- 2011-11-28Les Grands Guides Leroy Merlin 2007 - Construire et Renover sa Maison
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.