Posted on 2011-03-25. By anonymous.
W.rld Sc..ntific Publishing C.mpany | 2004 | ISBN: 9812389016 | 376 pages | PDF | 14,6 MB
Liquid Crystals, Laptops and Life connects the laptop computer with life itself via liquid crystals, the phases of matter essential to both. In the process it provides an integrated introduction to those parts of chemistry and physics that are necessary for understanding the basic science and technology embedded in the laptop and in life. This book can be understood by students with a good background in high school chemistry and physics; yet it can also serve as a primer for scientists who are not well versed in the areas covered.
The first section of the book is devoted to discussion of basic concepts of chemistry and physics. The second section applies these concepts and extends them to three classes of materials that make the laptop possible: liquid crystals, polymers, and semiconductors. The first two classes of materials relate naturally to the molecules essential to life, thus providing an introduction to this area in an independent chapter. The third section focuses on the applied science and technology of semiconductors, digital devices, and computers, as well as liquid crystal displays. This section concludes by illustrating how these materials and technologies are combined in and make possible the laptop computer. The final section discusses applications of liquid crystals to the arts and to life. Each chapter rounds off with references to more advanced literature, exercises that test the reader's understanding, and open-ended questions that encourage the reader to explore the topics in greater depth.
- Ebooks list page : 11084
- 2012-09-09Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life (World Scientific Series in Contemporary Chemical Physics) by Michael R. Fisch (Repost)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life (World Scientific Series in Contemporary Chemical Physics)
- 2010-10-15Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life (World Scientific Series in Contemporary Chemical Physics) by Michael R. Fisch
- 2009-12-01Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life (World Scientific Series in Contemporary Chemical Physics) by: Michael R. Fisch
- 2009-04-12Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life (World Scientific Series in Contemporary Chemical Physics) by: Michael R. Fisch
- 2007-09-07Liquid Crystals, Laptops And Life
- 2014-01-02Liquid Crystals: Viscous and Elastic Properties in Theory and Applications (repost)
- 2011-11-24Research at the Intersection of the Physical and Life Sciences
- 2010-07-08The Static and Dynamic Continuum Theory of Liquid Crystals: A Mathematical Introduction (Repost)
- 2018-11-12Introduction to Liquid Crystals Chemistry and Physics
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Smectic and Columnar Liquid Crystals: Concepts and Physical Properties Illustrated by Experiments (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Introduction to Liquid Crystals: Chemistry and Physics (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- 2017-09-18Bent-Shaped Liquid Crystals Structures and Physical Properties
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Liquid Crystals: Viscous and Elastic Properties in Theory and Applications
- 2014-05-11Enough: True Measures of Money, Business, and Life (repost)
- 2014-05-03Put the Moose on the Table: Lessons in Leadership from a Ceo's Journey Through Business and Life (repost)
- 2014-04-25Our Explosive Sun: A Visual Feast of Our Source of Light and Life (repost)
- 2014-04-02Streams: Their Ecology and Life (Repost)
- 2014-03-27The Shadow Side of Fieldwork: Exploring the Blurred Borders between Ethnography and Life (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.