Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-04-17. By anonymous.
English | 2012 | ISBN: 1842174932 | ISBN-13: 9781842174937 | 208 pages | PDF | 38,6 MB
Living with the Dead presents a detailed analysis of ancestor worship in Egypt, using a diverse range of material, both archaeological and anthropological, to examine the relationship between the living and the dead. Iconography and terminology associated with the deceased reveal indistinct differences between the blessedness and malevolence and that the potent spirit of the dead required constant propitiation in the form of worship and offerings.
A range of evidence is presented for mortuary cults that were in operation throughout Egyptian history and for the various places, such as the house, shrines, chapels and tomb doorways, where the living could interact with the dead. The private statue cult, where images of individuals were venerated as intermediaries between people and the Gods is also discussed. Collective gatherings and ritual feasting accompanied the burial rites with separate, mortuary banquets serving to maintain ongoing ritual practices focusing on the deceased. Something of a contradiction in attitudes is expressed in the evidence for tomb robbery, the reuse of tombs and funerary equipment and the ways in which communities dealt with the death and burial of children and others on the fringe of society. This significant study furthers our understanding of the complex relationship the ancient Egyptians had with death and with their ancestors; both recently departed and those in the distant past.
- Ebooks list page : 26240
- 2014-04-19Living with the Dead: Ancestor Worship and Mortuary Ritual in Ancient Egypt
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Dancing with the Dead: Memory, Performance and Everyday Life in Postwar Okinawa
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The First Decade of Living with the Global Crisis: Economic and Social Developments in the Balkans and Eastern Europe (Contributions to Economics)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Teenagers, HIV, and AIDS: Insights from Youths Living with the Virus (Sex, Love, and Psychology)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Feeding the Dead: Ancestor Worship in Ancient India
- 2014-04-20Living with the Aftermath: Trauma, Nostalgia and Grief in Post-War Australia
- 2014-04-08Living with the Aftermath: Trauma, Nostalgia and Grief in Post -War Australia
- 2014-04-07Living with the Aftermath: Trauma, Nostalgia and Grief in Post-War Australia
- 2012-01-24Living with the Dead - Kelley Armstrong
- 2012-01-21Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (Audiobook) - Jesse Petersen
- 2011-12-30Living with the Dead - Kelley Armstrong - Removed
- 2011-12-25Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead, Book 3) by Jesse Petersen
- 2011-12-19?Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (AudiobooK)
- 2011-12-19Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (Audiobook) - Jesse Petersen
- 2011-12-16[MULTI] Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (AudiobooK) - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-12-15Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (AudiobooK)
- 2011-12-08Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (AudiobooK)
- 2011-12-08Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) (Audiobook)
- 2011-11-04Living with the Dead by Kelley Armstrong
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.