Posted on 2019-09-09, by phaelx
Author: Lewis M. Fraas
Size: 9 MB
This book describes recent breakthroughs that promise major cost reductions in solar energy production in a clear and highly accessible manner. The author addresses the three key areas that have commonly resulted in criticism of solar energy in the past: cost, availability, and variability. Coverage includes cutting-edge information on recently developed 40 efficient solar cells, which can produce double the power of currently available commercial cells. The discussion also highlights the potentially transformative emergence of opportunities for integration of solar energy storage and natural gas combined heat and power systems. Solar energy production in the evening hours is also given fresh consideration via the convergence of low cost access to space and the growing number of large terrestrial solar electric power fields around the world.
Dr. Fraas has been active in the development of Solar Cells and Solar Electric Power Systems for space and terrestrial applications since 1975. His research team at Boeing demonstrated the first GaAs/GaSb tandem concentrator solar cell in 1989 with a world record energy conversion efficiency of 35, garnering awards from Boeing and NASA. He has over 30 years of experience at Hughes Research Labs, Chevron Research Co, and the Boeing High Technology Center working with advanced semiconductor devices. In a pioneering paper, he proposed the InGaP/GaInAs/Ge triple junction solar cell predicting a cell terrestrial conversion efficiency of 40 at 300 suns concentration. Having become today's predominant cell for space satellites, that cell is now entering high volume production for terrestrial Concentrated Photovoltaic (CPV) systems. Since joining JX Crystals, Dr. Fraas has pioneered the development of various thermophotovoltaic (TPV) systems based on the new GaSb infrared sensitive PV cell. Dr. Fraas holds degrees from Caltech (B.Sc. Physics), Harvard (M. A. Applied Physics), and USC (Ph.D. EE).
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
Low-Cost Solar Electric Power
Related Archive Books
Archive Books related to "Low-Cost Solar Electric Power":
Download this book
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 41320
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Low-Cost Solar Electric Power
- 2017-10-27Low-Cost Solar Electric Power
- 2011-12-26An English-Chinese dictionary of electric power technology
- 2011-12-04An English-Chinese dictionary of electric power technology
- 2011-08-31An English-Chinese Dictionary of Electric Power Technology
- 2019-03-11Solar Electric Power Generation Photovoltaic Energy Systems
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Solar Electric Power Generation - Photovoltaic Energy Systems: Modeling of Optical and Thermal Performance, Electrical Yield, Energy Balance, Effect on Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Removed
- 2013-07-21Solar Electric Power Generation (repost)
- 2011-11-05Solar Electric Power Generation - Photovoltaic Energy Systems
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Solar Food Dryer: How to Make and Use Your Own Low-Cost, High Performance, Sun-Powered Food Dehydrator
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Ultra-Low-Power and Ultra-Low-Cost Short-Range Wireless Receivers in Nanoscale CMOS (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
- 2013-02-19The Solar Food Dryer: How to Make and Use Your Own Low-Cost, High Performance, Sun-Powered Food Dehydrator
- 2019-09-09Electric Power Systems; Advanced Forecasting Techniques and Optimal Generation Scheduling
- 2019-09-07Advances in Solar Photovoltaic Power Plants (Green Energy and Technology)
- 2019-09-06Traffic Generation Method 2019 at very Low Cost
- 2019-08-31The Complete Book Of Underground Houses; How To Build A Low Cost Home
- 2019-07-09Location Lite High End Look, Low Cost Budget
- 2019-07-03Gardening with Less Water Low-Tech, Low-Cost Techniques; Use up to 90% Less Water in Your Garden
- 2019-06-27Mike Oehler Low Cost Underground House Workshop
- 2019-06-25Large-Scale Solar Thermal Power Technologies, Costs and Development
No comments for "Low-Cost Solar Electric Power".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.