Posted on 2018-11-15, by nokia241186.
Jonathan W. Moses, Bjorn Letnes, "Managing Resource Abundance and Wealth: The Norwegian Experience"
2017 | ISBN-10: 0198787170 | 320 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Managing Resource Abundance and Wealth: The Norwegian Experience describes the sundry and significant challenges, both economic and political, facing petroleum-producing countries. The volume outlines the pitfalls that policymakers encounter in the aftermath of a major resource discovery, and what they can do to protect their countries from the most adverse consequences. These lessons are derived from two very different sources: The broader-if still underdeveloped-social science literature that examines the 'Paradox of Plenty' in its disparate forms; and the experience of a country that has successfully managed its natural resources over several decades. As a small country on the margins of Europe, Norway has stood up to powerful international interests in one of the world's most powerful industries. Norway has exerted sovereign control over its natural environment, and exploited its resources in a way that has delivered significant wealth to its citizens.
This volume explains how Norway has largely avoided the 'Paradox of Plenty'. It aims to demonstrate the variety of policy tools that are available to states rich in natural resources, and how these tools can be adjusted to changing (domestic and international) contexts. It considers a number of questions, such as how countries need to administer and regulate the industry to consider the costs and benefits associated with various contract and licensing regimes, and fiscal arrangements; to maintain competitiveness and avoid becoming too dependent upon the sector; to maximize local content; and to protect the broader economy from the volatility of petroleum prices. The volume shows how the industry can be managed in a democratic, just, and ethical manner, and for the benefit of the general population.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37762
- 2018-11-15Managing Resource Abundance and Wealth The Norwegian Experience
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2018-11-13The Great Financial Crisis in Finland and Sweden The Nordic Experience of Financial Liberalization
- 2018-07-14Marketing and Designing the Tourist Experience
- 2018-06-18Marketing and Designing the Tourist Experience
- 2018-06-11Marketing and Designing the Tourist Experience
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Innovative Accreditation Standards in Education and Training: The Italian Experience in Ethical Standards and the Impact on Business Organisation
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Encyclopedia Of African American Culture And History: The Black Experience In The Americas (Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History) (Volumes 1-6)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Public Speaking in the City: Debating and Shaping the Urban Experience - Removed
- 2017-09-17Lynda - Managing Up, Down and Across the Organization
- 2017-09-12Lynda Managing Up, Down And Across The Organization
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Public Speaking in the City: Debating and Shaping the Urban Experience
- 2016-12-22[PDF] Encyclopedia Of African American Culture And History: The Black Experience In The Americas (Encyclopedia of African American Culture and History) (Volumes 1-6)
- 2014-05-20Human Capital and Development: The Indian Experience (Repost)
- 2014-05-13Resource Abundance and Economic Development
- 2014-03-23Innovation, Path Dependency, and Policy: The Norwegian Case (repost)
- 2014-01-06Human Capital and Development: The Indian Experience
- 2013-03-19The Great Financial Crisis in Finland and Sweden: The Nordic Experience of Financial Liberalization by Lars Jonung, Jaakko Kiander and Pentti Vartia
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.