Posted on 2013-03-11. By anonymous.
English | 2005-06-01 | ISBN: 0883857391 | 239 pages | PDF | 6,3 MB
This book is about some of the topics that form the foundations for high school mathematics. It focuses on a closely-knit collection of ideas that are at the intersection of algebra, arithmetic, combinatorics, geometry, and calculus. Most of the ideas are classical: methods for fitting polynomial functions to data, for summing powers of integers, for visualizing the iterates of a function defined on the complex plane, or for obtaining identities among entries in Pascal's triangle. Some of these ideas, previously considered quite advanced, have become tractable because of advances in computational technology.
Others are just beautiful classical mathematics, topics that have fallen out of fashion and that deserve to be resurrected While the book will appeal to many audiences, one of the primary audiences is high school teachers, both practicing and prospective. It can be used as a text for undergraduate or professional courses, and the design lends itself to self-study. Of course, good mathematics for teaching is also good for many other uses, so readers of all persuasions can enjoy exploring some of the beautiful ideas presented in the pages of this book.
- Ebooks list page : 21574
- 2011-11-01Mathematical Connections: A Companion for Teachers (Classroom Resource Material)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Mathematical Connections: A Companion for Teachers (Classroom Resource Material)
- 2013-03-13Mathematical Connections - A Companion for Teachers (Classroom Resource Material)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Math Made Visual: Creating Images for Understanding Mathematics (Classroom Resource Material)
- 2009-12-13Math Made Visual: Creating Images for Understanding Mathematics (Classroom Resource Material)
- 2009-08-09Quantum Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers (Classroom Resource Materials) (Repost) - Removed
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Archimedes : What Did He Do Besides Cry Eureka? (Classroom Resource Material) (Classroom Resource Materials)
- 2014-06-07Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Actuarial Sciences and Finance [Repost]
- 2014-05-30Micro-facts: The Working Companion for Food Microbiologists, 7th edition (repost)
- 2014-03-11Math Through the Ages: A Gentle History for Teachers and Others (2003) [Repost]
- 2014-01-14Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Actuarial Sciences and Finance [Repost]
- 2013-02-12Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Actuarial Sciences and Finance (Repost)
- 2013-01-06Autistic Spectrum Disorders: Practical Strategies for Teachers and Other Professionals [Repost]
- 2012-06-23Mathematical and Statistical Methods for Actuarial Sciences and Finance (repost)
- 2012-10-12Basics Advertising: Copywriting: The Creative Process of Writing Text for Advertisements or Publicity Material (repost)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Mathematical Activities: A Resource Book for Teachers (Cambridge Educational)
- 2012-09-20Solve This: Math Activities for Students and Clubs (Classroom Resource Materials)
- 2011-10-24Mathematical Activities: A Resource Book for Teachers (Repost)
- 2011-10-23Mathematical Activities: A Resource Book for Teachers (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.