Posted on 2019-03-25, by nokia241186.
Mathematics and Music: Composition, Perception, and Performance by James S. Walker and Gary W. Don
English | 2013 | ISBN: 1439867097, 1138442682 | 342 pages | PDF | 13,5 MB
At first glance, mathematics and music seem to be from separate worlds-one from science, one from art. But in fact, the connections between the two go back thousands of years, such as Pythagoras's ideas about how to quantify changes of pitch for musical tones (musical intervals). Mathematics and Music: Composition, Perception, and Performance explores the many links between mathematics and different genres of music, deepening students' understanding of music through mathematics.
In an accessible way, the text teaches the basics of reading music and explains how various patterns in music can be described with mathematics. The authors extensively use the powerful time-frequency method of spectrograms to analyze the sounds created in musical performance. Numerous examples of music notation assist students in understanding basic musical scores. The text also provides mathematical explanations for musical scales, harmony, and rhythm and includes a concise introduction to digital audio synthesis.
Along with helping students master some fundamental mathematics, this book gives them a deeper appreciation of music by showing how music is informed by both its mathematical and aesthetic structures.
On the book's CRC Press web page, students can access videos of many of the spectrograms discussed in the text as well as musical scores playable with the free music software MuseScore. An online bibliography offers many links to free downloadable articles on math and music. The web page also provides links to other websites related to math and music, including all the sites mentioned in the book.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39987
- 2019-03-20Mathematics and Music Composition, Perception, and Performance
- 2019-03-18Mathematics and Music Composition, Perception, and Performance
- 2011-12-25Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-14Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-09-08Learning and Understanding: Improving Advanced Study of Mathematics and Science in U.S. High Schools
- 2011-06-02Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging
- 2012-02-08Algebraic Theory of Automata Networks (SIAM Monographs on Discrete Mathematics and Applications, 11) - Pal Domosi
- 2012-01-06Algebraic Theory of Automata Networks (SIAM Monographs on Discrete Mathematics and Applications, 11) - Pal Domosi
- 2011-12-13Algebraic Theory of Automata Networks (SIAM Monographs on Discrete Mathematics and Applications, 11) - Pal Domosi
- 2011-11-18Algebraic Theory of Automata Networks (SIAM Monographs on Discrete Mathematics and Applications, 11) free ebook download
- 2012-03-08Advanced Number Theory with Applications (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2012-02-24Visualization in Medicine and Life Sciences (Mathematics and Visualization) - Lars Linsen, Hans Hagen And Bernd Hamann
- 2012-02-24Mechanical, Thermal, and Environmental Testing and Performance of Ceramic Composites and Components (A S T M Special Technical Publication.// Stp, 1392) - Edgar Lara-Curzio And Stephen T. Gonczy Editors: Michael G. Jenkins
- 2012-02-24Topology-based Methods in Visualization (Mathematics and Visualization) - Helwig Hauser, Hans Hagen And Holger Theisel
- 2012-02-21Handbook of Scheduling: Algorithms, Models, and Performance Analysis - James H. Anderson
- 2012-02-18Authentication Codes and Combinatorial Designs (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications) - Dingyi Pei - Removed
- 2012-02-17Authentication Codes and Combinatorial Designs (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications) - Dingyi Pei - Removed
- 2012-02-08The Lighter Side of Mathematics: Proceedings of the Eugene Strens Memorial Conference on Recreational Mathematics and its History (Spectrum) - Richard K. Guy And Robert E. Woodrow
- 2012-01-28Configurational Forces: Thermomechanics, Physics, Mathematics, and Numerics - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.