Posted on 2010-01-27. By anonymous.
A complementary new feature is that many new problems embedded in a realistic setting have been added to the problem section of many chapters. Some of the current problems also have been fleshed out in a more interesting way.
This edition also places much more emphasis on providing perspective in terms of what is actually happening in the practice of operations research. What kinds of applications are occuring? What sizes of problems are being solved? Which models and techniques are being used most widely? What are their shortcomings and what new developments are beginning to address these shortcomings? These kinds of questions are being addressed to convey the relevance of the techniques under discussion. Eight new sections (Secs. 10.7, 12.2, 15.6, 18.5, 19.8, 20.1, 20.10, and 22.2) are fully devoted to discussing the practice of operations research in such ways, along with briefer mentions elsewhere.
The new emphases describe above benefited greatly from our work in developing our recent new textbook with Mark S. Hillier (Introduction to Management Science: A Modeling and Case Studies Approach with Spreadsheets, Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 2000). That book has a very different orientation from this one. It is aimed directly at business students rather than students who may be in engineering and the mathematical sciences, and it provides almost no coverage of the mathematical and algorithms of operations research. Nevertheless, its applied orientation enabled us to adapt some excellent material developed for that book to provide a more well-rounded coverage in this edition.Code: Password: SymphonyX
- Ebooks list page : 4177
- 2012-02-02Precalculus,7th edition - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-21Precalculus,7th edition - McGraw-Hill
- 2011-12-27Precalculus,7th edition - McGraw-Hill
- 2011-12-24Precalculus,7th edition - McGraw-Hill
- 2011-12-04Precalculus,7th edition - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-03-25McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms - Removed
- 2012-02-13McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-02-11MathScape: Seeing and Thinking Mathematically, Course 1, Consolidated Student Guide (Glencoe Mathematics) - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-02-07McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-29Food for Today, Student Edition - Glencoe McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-22Glencoe Language Arts, Grades 6-8, Sentence Diagraming Blackline Masters - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-21Organic Chemistry-Package - McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
- 2012-01-20Grammar and Writing Handbook, Grade 6 - Mcgraw-Hill
- 2012-01-16MathScape: Seeing and Thinking Mathematically, Course 2, The Language of Algebra, Student Guide - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-14Grammar and Writing Handbook, Grade 6 - Mcgraw-Hill
- 2012-01-13Glencoe Chemistry: Matter and Change, Student Edition (Glencoe Science) - Glencoe McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-12McGraw Hill - Chemistry 11 - McGraw Hill
- 2012-01-12Sentence Diagramming for High School - McGraw-Hill
- 2012-01-09Organic Chemistry-Package - McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.