Posted on 2009-05-25. By anonymous.
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA | Number Of Pages: 384 | Publication Date: 2001-06-14 | ISBN-10: 0195131398 | PDF | 22 Mb
When, why, and how early humans began to eat meat are three of the most fundamental unresolved questions in the study of human origins. Before 2.5 million years ago the presence and importance of meat in the hominid diet is unknown. After stone tools appear in the fossil record it seems clear that meat was eaten in increasing quantities, but whether it was obtained through hunting or scavenging remains a topic of intense debate. This book takes a novel and strongly interdisciplinary approach to the role of meat in the early hominid diet, inviting well-known researchers who study the human fossil record, modern hunter-gatherers, and nonhuman primates to contribute chapters to a volume that integrates these three perspectives. Stanford's research has been on the ecology of hunting by wild chimpanzees. Bunn is an archaeologist who has worked on both the fossil record and modern foraging people. This will be a reconsideration of the role of hunting, scavenging, and the uses of meat in light of recent data and modern evolutionary theory. There is currently no other book, nor has there ever been, that occupies the niche this book will create for itself.
Download from HotFile
Download from FileFactory
No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules!
More serious and useful books!: Part I. 2000 ebooks, 27 Gb | Part II. 1000 ebooks, 4 Gb
- Ebooks list page : 2862
- 2012-09-18Meat-Eating and Human Evolution (Repost)
- 2011-06-10Research-Based Web Design & Usability Guidelines
- 2011-02-14The Hunting Apes: Meat Eating and the Origins of Human Behavior
- 2013-11-23Comparative Anatomy & Phylogeny of Primate Muscles and Human Evolution - Removed
- 2013-11-14Comparative Anatomy and Phylogeny of Primate Muscles and Human Evolution - Removed
- 2013-11-13Comparative Anatomy and Phylogeny of Primate Muscles and Human Evolution - Removed
- 2013-07-13Reproductive Ecology and Human Evolution (Evolutionary Foundations of Human Behavior)
- 2013-07-12Reproductive Ecology and Human Evolution (Evolutionary Foundations of Human Behavior) (repost)
- 2013-05-28Sophie A. de Beaune, Frederick L. Coolidge, Thomas Wynn, "Cognitive Archaeology and Human Evolution"
- 2013-05-27Cognitive Archaeology and Human Evolution
- 2013-05-21Cognitive Archaeology and Human Evolution
- 2013-05-19Cognitive Archaeology and Human Evolution (repost)
- 2013-04-29Darwin, His Daughter, and Human Evolution (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-11-13Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge : A Radical History of Plants, Drugs, and Human Evolution (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-22The Art Instinct: Beauty, Pleasure, and Human Evolution - Denis Dutton
- 2011-11-06The Art Instinct: Beauty, Pleasure, and Human Evolution
- 2011-10-19The Art Instinct: Beauty, Pleasure, and Human Evolution
- 2011-09-18Reproductive Ecology and Human Evolution (Evolutionary Foundations of Human Behavior)
- 2011-09-06Darwin, His Daughter, and Human Evolution
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.